[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bug Stomper

Bug Stomper

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug Stomper

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:00 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:25 pm

Beat Dragon Isles with a caster goblin assassin. I had pretty bad luck actually. There were no caster items (crystal ball, mage plate, pendent of mana, battlemage ring), I didn't get WEYTWUT, and I did't get Dracul. If I had gotten dracul and any caster item I could have gotten feeling parched too.

I'm loving the new 120 damage on bosses.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:59 pm

Nailed down DL as well. You need to prep piercing wand. It's actually quite difficult. I won off a lucky dodge.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:25 pm

Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Piercing wand makes it doable. And I got lucky. The one thing that really hurt was not getting the battlemage ring, but it would still be hard with it. I also lucked out on the exploding signpost subdungeon for a third schadenfreude.

The Avatar

Postby paplaukes on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:14 pm

I dislike the potion changes. It would be nice to see the reasoning behind them. I hope it's not something along the lines of "well, you see, some of the vets were using them on each run so we thought it's a cool idea to make them harder to use for everyone".
paplaukes

Postby gjaustin on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:17 am

gjaustin

Postby paplaukes on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:49 am

If I'm good enough to unlock the potions I wouldn't mind taking them along :)
paplaukes

Postby Lujo on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:22 pm

Lujo

Postby paplaukes on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:57 pm

I nearly never went with all at once due to cost/not needing them that much. This does mean less power for runs I'm not certain I can win, and it would never lead to experimenting with them for extra combos due to limited slots.

I only replied to the unlock comment. It's just now the quest reward is much more limited and a "double-edged" one. Means I'm likely to ignore it just like the church preps. I learned the use of the pots/trisword on the forum alright I just don't really like using them that way. And it's now balanced around "that way", just like BLUDTOPOWA and the bloodmage.

You seem to think the potions make hard runs easy. They don't. They do for the select few vets, and don't always work either. Others have listed examples where rogues can fail and running out of potions is dangerous. IMO, for the majority of players the potions were 'merely' a buff which now buffs less.
paplaukes

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons