So I hit the wiki a small bit...

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: So I hit the wiki a small bit...

Postby Darvin on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:31 pm

All I have to say is that it's very obvious that Lujo wrote that article :lol:

Good job; I may go in with some editorial oversight and consolidate some of the more verbose sections, but it's good to see some of the deity information get run throuh with a fine tooth comb.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:18 pm

Oh, do, please, as with everything I do - would be better without me written all over it :lol:

But, seriously, do - that's mostly good info there, and could do worlds of good. TT's one of those things that take forever to discover and implement into a players routine, for no good reason.

And it needs a "good combo's section" for short informative tips on stuff like EM into TT synergy, along with a warning from FDru to not prep him if you want to go killing plants, because it will f**k you s**t up. In more polite terms, ofc, what do I know, I'm from Balkans, swearing is practicaly poetry here...
Lujo

Postby Blovski on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:32 am

Lujo wrote:Oh, do, please, as with everything I do - would be better without me written all over it :lol:

But, seriously, do - that's mostly good info there, and could do worlds of good. TT's one of those things that take forever to discover and implement into a players routine, for no good reason.

And it needs a "good combo's section" for short informative tips on stuff like EM into TT synergy, along with a warning from FDru to not prep him if you want to go killing plants, because it will f**k you s**t up. In more polite terms, ofc, what do I know, I'm from Balkans, swearing is practicaly poetry here...

Not just in the Balkans :)
Blovski

Postby Lujo on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:16 pm

Well that's FACTUAL poetry :) We do hit it off with brits and the irish pretty well, though, there's reasons for that :lol:

Once we get over what's made fun of in this song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRSMsthHajw . Long history of being oppresively colonized by the Austrians and Italians got us in a bad case of slave mentality and naive awe of everything except our own heritage. The more relaxed people, like the guys from that band, got a big hoot out of Borat :D

On a completely non-threadjack note, I'm going through my overly-academic and long winded TT entry and cuting it down to size atm.

EDIT: Ok, made it more coherent, at least, and reduced quite a bit of redundancy. Me being me, theres bound to be ways to cut it down even more, organize it better and so on and so forth. Anyone up to the task, and anyone who'd want more people to discover TT before their grandchildern is encouraged to try his hand at editing it. Typo's are also probably lurking in there!
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:01 pm

http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDu ... aked_Blade

Big thanks to ChazGB for this, it is certain to come in handy to anyone struggling with this place.
Lujo

Postby ChasGB on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:55 pm

Lujo wrote:http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDungeons/index.php?title=Bloodsoaked_Blade

Big thanks to ChazGB for this, it is certain to come in handy to anyone struggling with this place.

Haha YW, it was actually fun writing once I got used to the various tags. BM silver had been giving me issues for a while, I was so happy to finally beat the damn thing that I wanted to do what I could to help other struggling n00bs. Wish the wiki was more "filled out", especially with some of the "secrets" buried in the forums, so figured it was time to do my part!
ChasGB

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons