[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - So I hit the wiki a small bit...

So I hit the wiki a small bit...

All things Desktop Dungeons

So I hit the wiki a small bit...

Postby Lujo on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:01 am

http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDu ... ikki_Tooki

Feedback apriceated?

Not in love with this, but I simply hate how the sprites mess up text formatting in the wiki. This may be textwally, but with feedback I can at least make it more coherent. The colurfull buttons larger than the text everywhere don't really work for me. :( Some sort of organizational scheme with colourful buttons below the text is probably required.

Strategy section really needs revision, will get to it, and the whole thing could use some help with you native english speakers and "make it curt and politicky" guys with your fancy lectures :D

Mor sirijus fiidbek - mor informativ pejđ ven it ol dan.

And err, feel free make it more coherent, add links and all that - if I'm gonna make those vids (I'm waiting to see what happens with the game itself making gods more acessible) thoughts on how much info is too much, what parts of all this if any were informative, what do you guys want to see presented and all that would be much appreciated.

I'm on your side guys, help me help you, please.

EDIT: Also, the learning curve issues with anomalous features are soooo obvious from the state of the wiki - stuff I'm actually good with and have discovered by intentionaly avoiding cheeze like the plague has next to no info (priest being an egregious example), while stuff that's over the top actually has info. Talk about vicious cycles... If the wiki is teaching random people cheeze only it's no wonder so many people feel assaulted everytime some silly buls**t glitch gets nerfed -.- It looks like I'm trying to kill anything that's worth making a wiki contribution about (furious). And since the game has had these issues for so long there's noone to fill the wiki out "but us munchkins" (even more furious). Constructively furious, mind you, this just means you regular folks will have to give me feedback on what you want up there and what format you want it in - otherwise I can't even begin to help remedy the situation.

If this is the best even vets can come up with, then the game isn't teaching even them (us?) what it's supposed to be teaching. -.-
Last edited by Lujo on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Re: So I hit the wiki a small bit...

Postby FDru on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:49 am

Very long-winded, lots of redundancy. Quite nice overall, though... I mean if the goal is to be informative, it gets the job done.

Might be worth noting that zero damage attacks still cost you piety when TT is taken as a prep (so it sucks on maps with plants).

If I get bored maybe I'll go through it and fix the typos :P
FDru

Postby Lujo on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:53 am

Ok, needs to be less long winded! That's good to know - and that's just me being me and needs to be out of there. Allthough I'm not sure how to go about it because...

Conciseness isn't my strong point, which makes me really ill suited to the task. Anyone who ever wanted to strangle me for taking 10 pages for two bits of vital info can actually do something about it now!

And typo's plague me as well - please, help! And redundancy - can someone help get it out of there?

Can someone more savy link stuff up? Does anyone have an idea how to not make the pictures and the text kill each other by organizing paragraphs better? It's my main beef with the wiki as such, and I've never used it to gain any info because of that.

And, err, just because it looks typing all this stuff up is easy for me, it's not. I can't do this alone, trying to do this alone = writing another book which I would actually get payed for. I don't mind doing it but if it's gonna be useless long-winded and redundant then I'll rather go write my next book. Help, guys, please - lets set up the god pages at least, the state of things is criminal. (Not dissing Darvin realy, it's just not where it needs to be and it can get there).
Lujo

Postby FDru on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:30 pm

FDru

Postby Lujo on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:39 pm

Lujo

Postby Dreamdancer on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:21 pm

I don't think that the 'long-winded thing' and the redundancy are such a bad thing.
People who want only know the 'goes/no-goes' for TT can read the first paragraph and don't get spoiler by strats, which they probably want to find out by themselves. If one want to have more information one can read further.
Dreamdancer

Postby Blovski on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:40 pm

/minor threadjack

I've had a shot at the Paladin, updating it and expanding the strategy section a lot. I've tried to incorporate everything from the previous version, though I've disputed a couple of things (Binlor's really quite good on Paladins
and Taurogdins are also not half bad). In particular, I've left the JJ stuff more or less alone since I don't really think he's very good on a paladin if you have another choice but someone who knows JJ better might be able to win me over. Given the gods are so essential to Paladins, and that Paladin god use tends to play as more or less the reverse of what everyone else does, I've got a miniparagraph on each of them.

Needs a little work on the formatting, which I'll have a stab at later, as well as a race section.

Anyway, let me know what you think.
Blovski

Postby Lujo on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:17 pm

Threadjack, my backside - I call that good info :D I learned stuff out of it, Binlor Paladins for one thing!

A bit of editing and proper formatting, and that's a usefull page.

And I'll try to strike a balance between informative and rambling on the TT page - but actually help is appriciated.
Lujo

Postby Naoya on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:26 pm

Bit offtopic, but we should probably put ap a FAQ for all the special words like 'popcorn' and 'spikes' somewhere.
A newbie browsing the wiki probably won't understand the DD jargon as well as we do , especially if its a non-native speaker.
Naoya

Postby Lujo on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:38 pm

Lujo

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons