[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Just "Beat the Game"

Just "Beat the Game"

All things Desktop Dungeons

Just "Beat the Game"

Postby ArcticMetal on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:18 pm

I've been playing this game on and off since Alpha, but I finally just beat Hard Purist Gaan-Telet today.
The only problem is, I didn't even know how to GET to Gaan-Telet for months, figuring it must be after unlocking all the monster classes or something like that. I ended up unlocking two monster classes before I even unlocked Gaan-Telet! I ended up, in frustration, looking it up on the wiki, discovering that I needed every trophy (I was missing two).
If I hadn't looked it up out of game, I'm not sure I would have ever unlocked it; the two trophies I was missing were the nose ring and the AA helm, and I'd always kill Rex/The Indomitable first.

Did I miss something that told me to get all the trophies in order to beat the game? I've been playing Beta DD on and off for a very long time, so I might have just forgotten something. In any case, I think there should be more of an emphasis on getting all the different types of trophies, maybe some sort of hint on the taxidermist screen?

That being said, I absolutely adore this game, and I'm glad to have finally beaten it! Now I just have to unlock the Gorgon...
ArcticMetal

Re: Just "Beat the Game"

Postby dislekcia on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:42 am

Grats! :)

There's a chance that your progress through the game was just ahead of the introduction of the various quest messages and the like that explained what you needed to do to open up Gaan-Telet. In fact, if you didn't feel the economic pinch before GT opens up, chances are you were well ahead of that curve. We will be adding more reinforcement messages into the game for GT and other points as we get the Advisor up and running properly, although that needs some other stuff to be complete first...
dislekcia

Postby Darvin on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:08 pm

Now that every single trophy is available from a specific dungeon, why not actually throw down some quest markers once the player is down to their last 4 trophies?
Darvin

Postby dislekcia on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:56 am

dislekcia

Return to Desktop Dungeons