[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Design post on the blog!

Design post on the blog!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Design post on the blog!

Postby FDru on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:24 am

Pretty sure I did the majority of my runs Purist during my initial playthrough because I had to save money for bank upgrades and class building upgrades. So put me in with the "locker space didn't effect me" crowd.

That said, after I unlocked the important things locker space started to be an issue. Rather, relockering things became annoying so I basically stopped doing it unless I really needed a certain item (for testing bugs and such, like the Orb of Zot on CO issue).

Nowadays, what keeps me playing is... I don't even know. I have every item, class, dungeon and building unlocked and the only things I can do now is grind for ridiculously expensive bank upgrades and a 100,000 gold locker slot. What I think the game might be in need of is some actual completion rewards, because it feels like "completion for the sake of completion" at this point, and the Alpha had tangible and useful rewards for completion which was a much better situation IMO.

EDIT: because I forgot to mention that certain balance issues are still bothering me. When I can finish Slime Pits with an Elf Monk after getting a bad roll on the "LEMMISI?" glyph and revealing the entire map at level 4, simply because I had enough knowledge to prep an extremely broken item (Trisword) and then last-minute worship GG for 2 hits of Cleansing, I have to wonder WTF the devs are doing because balance can't possibly be in a good place when that's doable.
FDru

Postby Blovski on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:35 am

[quote=Dislecksia]@Blovski: Unfortunately those suggestions still fall foul of the slippery slope... Why only 5-6 items? Why can't you get all of them? The players who want access to more items like this aren't going to want just 6 of them, they want to be able to pick up any and all items whenever, anything else is just wasting time! Why is it so expensive? The alternative only takes 1 run, so it should cost 1 run's worth of gold.[/quote]

Well, I was figuring that after 6 items or so it'd get prohibitively expensive with stacking or multiplying costs to get more rather than setting a hard cap for permabought items soo didn't see that being a problem (I mean, if Avatar or Lujo or someone wants to permabuy EVERY item in the game and hoards 200,000 gold or whatever to do it, who cares? if the 6th one has cost a cumulative 21,000 gold (stacking 1,000+1,000etc) or 31,000 (multiplicative 1,000x2 etc) gold most people will stop by then). I think people would see the gold cost as paying to avoid doing two or three runs to find the item. I dunno if that argument would *never* come up but I think people would find it less frustrating to play around with than what there is at the moment.

I see what you guys mean in that there's probably not going to be a solution that makes everyone happy forever and if it takes a ton of extra work y'know, 'snot too much of a problem for most players. I'm pretty sure that the game would be more fun for me if some sort of permabuy got brought in. It's not too big a deal.

@Speedball, relockering an item is a thing *anyone* who has the thought 'Oh I'll try prepping this item with this class but my slots are full of things I like and don't want to have to search for in-dungeon later once the novelty's worn off' has. I'm not convinced that the 'average' player wouldn't have that thought. It might be less of a problem now so many items are gated behind silver dungeons that are more or less vicious-difficulty.

If you're not fussing with preps, or only using them for power reasons rather than for interesting strategies, it won't be a problem for you.
Blovski

Postby Lujo on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:39 am

Last edited by Lujo on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:52 am

gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:00 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Waldo0 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:32 am

Is this a post to demand something for game?

Please make a replay system!!!

I have seen some funny things(really lucky!!!! or Hey Comp!! fxxx kidding me??!!) in my game. I really want to record that funny game or that epic run.

I also have seen some veteran players cleared really really hard quests(like double vicious run) as some creative ways what I couldn't think or I haven't used.

This system will be good for beginner and competitor who like to compete(we can have a competition).

There are some ideas for this system.

(Sorry about these poor English expressions)

-Normally the replay files are saved in the player's computer.
-The replay file can be saved after a game is finished(both victory or not)
-A building is used for this replay system interface in the castle.(To delete or import or export the replay files)
-The concept of the replay files are heroic novels or history books.(the title is given by the player)
-Some brief information for the replay files(title, map, date, player name, race/class)
-The file can be easily shared with friends or forum(export file and upload it)
or (the replay file could be sent to the replay server).
-The replay display is almost same with playing game display.
-You can watch one movement with pressing an arrow.
-There is a log or mark what the player did(using a health potion or fire ball glyph or buying trisword).

I know you guys update this game weekly and this is not easy thing.

I'm really appreciate it. :)
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby ChasGB on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:36 am

Stupid question: once you've unlocked a vicious reward, does it enter the shop pool (Elite/quest items or otherwise)?

I'd be more willing to "give up" the locker spots that my NW and DS currently occupy if I knew for sure that I could get them back in a hard dungeon without having to face the ordeal of beating a vicious dungeons again. I felt like getting them the first time was more luck than skill.
ChasGB

Postby FDru on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:41 am

FDru

Postby ChasGB on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:04 am

ChasGB

Postby dislekcia on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:24 am

dislekcia

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons