[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bring on the Pretty

Bring on the Pretty

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bring on the Pretty

Postby harfatum on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:39 pm

It would be interesting if the trisword cap increased with level.

Because the total damage bonus from all strikes scales quadratically with the maximum, it wouldn't take much difference to make the Trisword evenly good across all levels. Maybe 5 at level 1, and increasing by 1 every two or three levels.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby FDru on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:45 pm

Sadly Unity crashes after every run and no progress is saved for me. Anyone else having this issue?
FDru

Postby Darvin on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:49 pm

Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:58 pm

The screen looks great, but I won't be able to report on how it feels until the weekend. I love the Witch change. I was annoyed that the three potion limit barred conservative load outs like Health+Mana+Fortitude+Salve (ie the anti-annoyance) but left power load outs like Quicksilver+Strength+Reflex intact. Four is a good number.

The trisword sounds awfully niche now, but I'm okay with that. I never liked how Halflings and Gnomes were getting half of their power from one single item. It was really distorting to have them be the best damage stackers when playing the prepped game. That being said, I wouldn't cry a river if it was made a little bit stronger than it is right now.
Sidestepper

Postby Waldo0 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:05 pm

*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:35 pm

"H" appearances seem nice, I got all three of them at once. Very good at drawing attention to how villanous he actually is.

The "too orange" complaint about the screen - obvious contrast with green when you highlight buildnings, ofc, but no contrast at all with goblin.

What does - Double-sized altar graphics included mean? (Oh, found it, when you are asked to worship stuff!)

And really, anyone seen the sheers? (Found the sheers ^^ They have the same graphic as fine sword. Darvin might like them ^^)

(And the CP interaction with the trisword IS nice. It's also not bad at all - I just beat the slime pits by regen fighting SMM while in TT with a halfling thief and it as a prep. Used TT's Poison and apheelsick, too.)
Last edited by Lujo on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:05 pm

I'm really sad about the Tri-sword nerf.

I think this is the dev's way of giving us more locker space, because I think I'll take it out! :)
gjaustin

Postby ChasGB on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:18 pm

ChasGB

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:48 pm

Not sure if bug or feature, but using the shears with a full inventory makes it pure upside. Ick Swamp monk has never been easier than just now.
Last edited by Lujo on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Abraxas on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:52 pm

Where can one find said shears?
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons