[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bring on the Pretty

Bring on the Pretty

All things Desktop Dungeons

Bring on the Pretty

Postby GoatBot on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:44 pm

Discussion - Bring on the Pretty
GoatBot

Re: Bring on the Pretty

Postby FDru on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:04 pm

Kingdom screen is very slick. It will take some getting used to with the character selection with everything kind of spread around the way it is. Love the glow of things though.

Honestly I think 3 potions was fine for the Witch Hut, but I won't complain about an extra slot. I think some players might have had an easier time with it if it were more clear that you can "toggle off" the starting health and mana potion.

Trisword nerf is BRUTAL, but I do think it's a solid item now. For anyone who's interested: new Trisword offers +2 damage, and grants +5 damage on potion use, then loses 1 damage per attack until it's back down to 2. No gold cost!

Looking forward to seeing what "H" and Gardening Shears are.
FDru

Postby xspeedballx on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:09 pm

OMG THEY NERFED TRISWORD !@#!@#!@# I HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAPPY. THIS IS !$#@@#$ TERRIBLE. I QUIT GUYS!

Err.. hmm that is an interesting change. Brutal power difference but potentially more interesting. Not sure that I like that get use out of your potions you will often have to to first and THEN get your damage boost but we will see how it plays out.
xspeedballx

Postby ironicmuffin on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:11 pm

Looks great!

Unfortunately, my first round was bugged.

Finally won Thief Gold and got "Chrome has experienced an error" and the Unity plugin crashed.

Not sure what information I can give you, but I'd love to help!

I need to take a break now - pretty pissed that it didn't save.
ironicmuffin

Postby FDru on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:17 pm

I found "H" but I think the encounter might be a bit glitched. Three figures appeared, the first one started talking but gave 3 different messages back to back, then clicking the other two gave the same three messages. I assume that each one is supposed to give a different message.

Oh, and then Unity crashed. lol
FDru

Postby Darvin on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:25 pm

Last edited by Darvin on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:25 pm

The tri-sword... made both me and Darvin do the same thing we always do, and make a missasumption. -.-

I spent a while looking for the gardening sheers, for a bit of a mirror-opposite expirience of why I don't like to scumm for items. I fired up the game with the specific intention not to play a run, but to scumm for the shears, and half an hour later I still have no clue what they are. I still don't feel like doing a run, and have the same feeling when I want to do a run and the game makes me scum.

Anyone found them? I think if you did the old Slime Pits quest it messes things up, has happened before, so maybe doing a slime pits run would fix it?

New kingdom interface - everything I'd fear it be. Nice art, ball of yarn made me chuckle, but overall it's not going to work out for me. Maybe if you're not used to the neat and tidy way it used to be it can work, but looking for your class after you've selected a race is visibly less user friendly because all the pictures change. Some sort shading on the background would help - it's too orange, and if you're trying to find the goblin you're looking for... Eh, not fun.

Interested to see where it goes...
Last edited by Lujo on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby harfatum on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Is the trisword capped? I think it has to be capped.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby dislekcia on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:29 pm

dislekcia

Postby Abraxas on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:31 pm

It's hard to say how useful the new Trisword really is, but as someone who was never a big fan of any of its iterations, I have to say I really like the concept of the new one, specially how it handles the conversion value.

As for the new kingdom screen, I'll have to make a new profile to test the process of getting used to it, because working with a fully developed kingdom without ever having used this new system is pretty confusing (took me over a minute to even find the guild).
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons