[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - All the Small Things

All the Small Things

All things Desktop Dungeons

All the Small Things

Postby Darvin on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:44 pm

Dev Blog

Now, I'd have to disagree with calling the button system "tedious". That would be a word I'd use to describe the new layout, if anything. The old layout was efficient and simple, whereas with the new system everything is all scattered over the place. Races, classes, and preps are all jumbled together with little organization. While I understand the direction of immersion that you're coming from, in terms of usability I've found the new layout a decisive step backwards.

Anyways, don't let that negative feedback get to you. Keep up the good work and see what you can come up with.
Darvin

Re: All the Small Things

Postby paplaukes on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:07 pm

Will have to wait and see. Sidebar use sounds good.
paplaukes

Postby Lujo on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:15 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby ChasGB on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:21 pm

Yeah, it's easy to see how this is tricky from a design aspect. On the one hand the old buttons were clear and efficient...but at the same time they completely obscured the detailed kingdom artwork to the point that the art served no real purpose. FWIW the old buttons took a modicum of time to get used to; my guess is that once they're done highlighting and outlining the buildings and races, the old system won't feel as rewarding.

I am glad to see the sidebar get an update. Maybe a "View Quests" button?
ChasGB

Postby Lujo on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:23 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Nandrew on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:26 am

Nandrew

Postby dislekcia on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:28 am

dislekcia

Return to Desktop Dungeons