[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Smoothing out

Smoothing out

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Smoothing out

Postby booooooze on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:39 am

booooooze

Postby booooooze on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:58 am

Also: kind of strange that when you upgrade a building (smith, alchemist, etc), you then have to move the upgrades into slots, as there aren't more options than slots (ever?), so it's just something you have to remember to do at some point.
booooooze

Postby paplaukes on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:05 am

I wouldn't mind the puzzles if it wasn't for Labyrinth.
paplaukes

Postby effullbao on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:31 am

After the update, I have one more locker slot and veto slot than I did before. Did something change there? Not that I'm complaining. :x
effullbao

Postby booooooze on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:09 pm

Decided to attack the puzzles (something I've been avoiding)....

Binlor 3: I load it up and have 99 mana potions but no glyphs. Is this intended? The solution in the solutions thread implies no...
booooooze

Postby sitnaltax on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:19 pm

1. Thank you for fixing the crash bugs. Now I can play again!

2. The Kingdom interface is nicer than it was last week, so thank you for the work and improvements. It still has a ways to go. For example, I wanted to upgrade my locker. It took me clicking on about eight buildings--many of which ended up being race building that don't do anything at all, frustratingly--before I found it. Trying to find a class challenge would be similarly frustrating.

3. I understand the gameplay problem you're trying to resolve by allowing the choice of which trophy to take out of the dungeon, but I think that in-game, the choice adds too much complexity relative to the value it provides. Yes, it's helpful once in Labyrinth and, to a lesser extent, Shifting Passages. But even if the trophies still have a different value, it's surely impossible to remember which one you can actually sell for more money! I think a novice-friendly solution would be to have all bosses drop $25 and then the game automatically chooses the more valuable trophy for you.

4. The layout of races and classes when selecting them, and to a lesser extent preps, seems very chaotic.

5. The changelog reads "Shifting Passages now referred to as Shifting Passages." I... do not understand what has changed, or is this a very subtle joke I missed?

6. As another poster indicated in the bug reports, each one of the endgame H-visitors is still giving me the whole speech, despite what the changelog says.

7. The description of the mage tower says it's levitating, but the graphic shows it on the ground. :(

8. Speaking of chaotic, on the dungeon selection screen, there's no visual indicator which dungeon is which except remembering where it is or mouseover. I don't know if you have any further plans for this screen, but some small icons or other visual reminders might be helpful.

Edited for layout
sitnaltax

Postby FDru on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:35 pm

FDru

Postby Naoya on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:56 pm

Naoya

Postby booooooze on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:32 pm

Thanks, Naoya. I had forgotten about that, so accustomed am I to just using PISORF with him.
booooooze

Postby The Avatar on Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:49 pm

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons