[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Damage Control

Damage Control

All things Desktop Dungeons

Damage Control

Postby GoatBot on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:31 am

Discussion - Damage Control
GoatBot

Re: Damage Control

Postby Darvin on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:35 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:55 pm

Like the bloodless thing on undead, in my experience Drac and sanguine were jarringly good, and my Drac worshipers were not really taking either the prep or undead killing penalties seriously.

I do have an UI suggestion - what would help IMO would be if the different buildings had visible labels that needed no mouseover. So you could see where the "Blackmith" preps are, and where the "elf", "dwarf" "guild" and so forth preps are without mousing over, selecting anything or having to know them by art (especially for race/class combos which change artworks depending on when you select what).

EDIT: Somtehing like this:

EDIT2: And obviously moving the blacsmith preps a little bit top and right to not have a cluster of preps right next to each other wold help as well...
Last edited by Lujo on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby harfatum on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:15 pm

Lujo, I had suggested that in another thread and am very happy that you thought of it as well and mocked it up!

I think there should be a checkbox for "show labels" to enable that permanently/at any time.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby Lujo on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:18 pm

Cool and ty! Should be pretty handy for touchscreen interfaces as well. Nice balance between the old and new, and all that...
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:40 pm

Darvin

Postby Ach Wheesht on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:02 pm

The new assassin gold is...interesting. Having binlor is great. Having Draugr spawn undead monsters isn't, especially when Dracul's about.

I guess the focus is now less on draculs blood abilities and more on binlors knockback boon?
Ach Wheesht

Postby Naoya on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:12 pm

Naoya

Postby Lujo on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:13 pm

Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:08 pm

Agreed. It's very interesting, and a long needed vampire nerf. Not sure what they did with assassin gold, but as long as those berserkers aren't both bloodless AND no exp.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons