[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Damage Control

Damage Control

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Damage Control

Postby The Avatar on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:38 am

For lack of a better place to post this, I have two comments:

Vicious Vicious is too hard. I believe everything should be doable, but (V)VGT and (V)NC is stretching the limits of possible. If you look closer, the real reason is those are the dungeons with lots of tough guys. I'm not really sure whats to be done Divide the bonus between all the non-Kinissch bosses in NC? Make some sort of formula where the higher the level (with later floor VGT guys counting as higher and higher than level 10) the smaller the bonus? I suppose if we went with the latter it would have to be minor, and exclude bosses (though maybe not the ones in the arena at NC). I know that this is content only 5% or maybe less of the gamers will use, but it kind of feels like a let down.

The other thing is Gardening Shears need their own artwork. I passed over them a couple of times thinking they were a fine sword. Also, they seem to appear less than other items. In the past 8 or so runs, I've seen gardening shears once, but the viper ward 6 times. Is that intentional?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby booooooze on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:50 am

Maybe some things should be too hard.
booooooze

Postby The Avatar on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:30 am

That was strangely philosophical... Why? The point of challenges, IMO, are to provide satisfaction throughout the process with a larger payout for those who persevere. An unbeatable challenge, for a perfectionist or anyone who strives to master something, is just endless frustration.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:34 am

Regular VGT is too hard, and there is a difference between too hard and impossible. If the devs have a list of stuff to do, then this is probably rather low on it, though, since it affects the least number of players in theory. Hope it does get something done to it eventually. However, you only really need to do it once for completion, and I guess we might figure out a way to do it once.

Which is why I posted the Rogue win, it seemed to take less resources than I immagined a VGT run could. A lot less.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby booooooze on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:54 pm

Once you've completed everything, what's left? Perhaps it's there to keep you playing...
booooooze

Postby Kuranes on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:24 pm

One shouldn't need to have a goal dangled infront of him. One should play because he enjoys it.
"Which farm animal is featured prominently in Desktop Dungeons?" "Snakes"
Kuranes

Postby The Avatar on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:14 pm

That I agree with. Honestly, if you put an impossible challenge it will frustrate people. Then, once they realize it is impossible, it will leave them unhappy with the developers.

The Avatar

Postby booooooze on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:07 am

Nothing is impossible with 20% dodge, just highly unlikely.
booooooze

Postby dislekcia on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:30 am

dislekcia

Postby Darvin on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:18 am

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons