[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - So I took the Transmuter to VGT...

So I took the Transmuter to VGT...

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: So I took the Transmuter to VGT...

Postby Sidestepper on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:09 am

Rogue was my first serious attempt, and it almost won. I made lots of mistakes due to inexperience. I converted BYSEPS because I didn't know about Horatio's resistances, I had several hundred CP worth of obsolete gear in my inventory and shops that I didn't convert until halfway through Horatio, and I also forgot that there was a set of Martyr Wraps available that I had specifically been saving for the end.

I basically consider it to won with Rogue and was more interested in trying new classes. My approach was a little different from Lujo's GG focused set up. I started with GG (scummed, because this place is hard), got Humility + Enlightenment + 100 piety, and then rotated through Taurog (Armor), Dracul (Blood Shield, Blood Hunger, Sanguine x2), Tikki Tooki (Dodge + Poison x1) and then escaped to Mystera. I took the +health pact (Warrior's Pact?) at the end since my resistances were already capped at 45%.

I think that Priest will be the hardest standard class to win with. His best power, Good Drink, doesn't have staying power. Halflings extend the duration, but I've found that Halfling Priests have a hard time outlasting Naga City, so VGT seems out of the question.
Last edited by Sidestepper on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sidestepper

Postby booooooze on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:43 am

Nobody's doing VVGT? I'm so disappointed in y'all...
booooooze

Postby The Avatar on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:57 am

Try even looking at it. Good luck!

Actually though, the thing is outrageous. I support nerfs to VGT if only to make (V)VGT doable. With extreme luck. Total extreme luck. Horratio does 120 with 7000+ hp. You decide how best to approach.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby booooooze on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:10 am

Nah, I don't even try VGT. I might have at one point, but I don't find it enjoyable.
booooooze

Postby Lujo on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:04 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Ach Wheesht on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:55 pm

Prepping the zombie dog for use on horatio might work as a priest, maybe?
Ach Wheesht

Postby Lujo on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:02 pm

Well, that would translate to about 25 extra damage, I think. Depending on whether it's 100% base, or not. I mean it'd certanly help, but you'd have to save a large inventory slot untill the end. And I'm not sure I'd even consider trying VGT without the dragonshield.

Problem isn't horatio really, if you can get to him with about 60ish resists and a bunch of resources to spare - anyone can kill him then, especially with bycepss or martyr wraps or what have you. The problem is getting enough resists while not drinking up too many bloodpools, eating to much popcorn or wasting the entire binlor floor. The priest can kill H for sure, easier than some, but getting to him in one piece is the problem.
Last edited by Lujo on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:03 pm

Wait. Was that priest on (V)VGT? If so, congratulations on getting that far. I'm interested in hearing you're strategy.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:14 pm

No, no, regular VGT.

As for the strategy - I don't have a clue anymore. I think it's just prep gg, scum for getindare, stack resists prefferably post enlightment, find a good time to join Drac prefferably without wasting the entire binlor floor. With a bit of luck, I think most guys would be able to do it.

I think I would've allready won a couple of times if I don't keep killing myself on the retaliate fireball floor by accident prety reliably.

EDIT: Dangit, had him at 747, with wheytwut, even... Still, made a few costly mistakes, and the only thing good for the end fight was a health potion and platemail... 4 bloodswells and a lot of sanguine fell short of doing it...
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:15 pm

Almost had him. Horratio was down to 300. If I had used the long rant at the start of the battle I might have won. I made a bunch of dumb mistakes though. This is definitely doable.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons