[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Game Design? Nope, Chuck Testa! (dev blog)

Game Design? Nope, Chuck Testa! (dev blog)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Game Design? Nope, Chuck Testa! (dev blog)

Postby The Avatar on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:12 pm

I feel like racial data, if shown, should be coupled in with the codex/archives.

@Achievements/Nandrew: Agreed. Achievements that involve you hitting a special combo are the best. A semi-good example of that is Plague Inc (if anyone's played it). The only difference there is it tells you what results from the combo or the name of it, just not how to get it. Pacrog is a good idea for an achievement (for example, hit max resists while only worshiping Taurog and Pactmaker). It tells you the parts and the result, without explicitly spelling it out for you.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Bloggorus on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:15 am

I'd also prefer to have one large screen for each dungeon in the archives with all the completion info on it. Waiting for those rotating panels is quite irritating, and would be more so with a third.

I like achievements that nudge you towards strats and winning combinations. Having a goal like 'win a game without attacking a monster' or 'Worship three different gods in one game' give me more incentive to try new strategies than simple text based hints.
Bloggorus

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:35 am

Ah, maybe I'm weird in assuming everyone's equaly irritated by the nature of the rotating panels and that they'd be replaced with selectable panels where a third button wouldn't be a problem.

As for achievements - lots of stuff to do with them, can't say what's best...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:35 am

Yeah, I don't like them either. They never seem to change until you select a new dungeon.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Alweth on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:51 am

When in the dungeon, I'd like to be able to see how much a trophy will sell to the Taxidermist for.
Were you expecting a coherent message? Alweth does not deal with such trifles. Ignore him or watch the thread get locked!
Alweth

Postby harfatum on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:44 pm

Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons