[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Finished all gold class challenges!

Finished all gold class challenges!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Finished all gold class challenges!

Postby sitnaltax on Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:35 am

I am not sure the best way to wikify this information. Would a page of capsule hints be appropriate? I feel like there is some value in a general strategy hint that doesn't spell out the entire dungeon. Also it takes much less time to write up.

Thanks to everyone for the additional discussion. I'm a little surprised, if relieved, to not see anyone jump in with a dynamite trick I missed for the dungeons I thought were hardest, Warlord and Blood mage.
sitnaltax

Postby The Avatar on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:55 pm

No. Those are just flat out hard.

As for where to post, go to the class challenge page. There will eventually be a class challenge page for each class. Make it and add the gold. I can go through and check your formatting and info at the end, so don't sweat it.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:36 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby booooooze on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:26 am

This thread made me attack the golds for the first time in a while. Not as bad as I remember them.

... except bloodmage. This one sucks. So far, I feel about this one like everyone else feels about BM silver (which I maintain isn't that bad). The worst is when you start it up, and start poking around, and all you find for half the map is WEYTWUT, but you can't even use it because you only have 7 mana!!! Good lord, at least give them 8, or make it so that only WONAFYT spawns.
booooooze

Postby booooooze on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:10 pm

I went Jehora on Warlord to knock down resistances on the two physical resist bosses, seemed to work out pretty well.
booooooze

Postby The Avatar on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:18 pm

Yeah, I tend to go for Jehora as well, but I hear that EM is effective as well.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Naoya on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:48 pm

Dracul also works quite well - relying on Cydstepp to kill bleaty, than joining dracul for bloodtithe and blood hunger. Then simultaneously fighting super bleat mean and the goo thing (health > meat, mana > goo), and clean up the wraith with what's left - if needed, you can knock him with physical attacks only. Might need to quaff a few schadenfreudes against the goo, though.
Naoya

Postby Bloggorus on Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:31 am

Cant manage to crack wizard gold for some reason. Perhaps I'm not attacking those bosses early enough? That huge pile o' health is just too much for my fireballs.

edit: also, pissorf is not guaranteed spawn.

second edit: nevermind, I got it. turns out i was too hesitant to convert glyphs into attack power. Wizard make surpisingly good twinkers with that extra CP and a pair of midas gloves.
Bloggorus

Postby Lujo on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:57 pm

Just redid thief gold for the treasuer using Avatar's insight. Endiswall is key there and knowing there are burn salves and fortitude potions is big. You can ding and potion spike the boss relatively easily (and you have to potion spike him because potions give you mana for endiswalls).
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby booooooze on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:00 pm

Monk is killing me now. Did it with an assassin, but it didn't give me completion. Rats.
booooooze

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons