[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Now with extra sprinkles

Now with extra sprinkles

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Now with extra sprinkles

Postby Alweth on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:55 am

Recently, whenever Desktop Dungeons loads something, like a new dungeon or the kingdom screen, it takes a pretty long time, over 30 seconds. And while it's loading the whole browser freezes. This is true for both Chrome and IE.

ALSO, sometimes when I come back to the middle of a dungeon run and complete it, it says that I've been logged out by someone logging in on another computer. I am pretty sure that is not happening (since there's never any changes), is that a bug?
Were you expecting a coherent message? Alweth does not deal with such trifles. Ignore him or watch the thread get locked!
Alweth

Postby dislekcia on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:33 am

I think it means that your internet connection is being odd, it should only ask about logging in again if your connection drops while playing... How does it handle Youtube streams?
dislekcia

Postby harfatum on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:53 pm

To me, and to my wife, the puzzles seem very tangential. As in, this is a game about dungeon crawling, and then there are these nice little puzzles on the side but the real game is the dungeons. I suppose I'll try one of those puzzles... wow, that's hard and really finicky, I'm going back to the dungeons now.

I think any puzzle that you expect players to do (i.e. maybe not golds) shouldn't have very long sequences of things that you have to do in perfect order. If there were 1-3 "hooks" that you had to get right, but had a bit of flexibility on other things, that might make them more attractive.

I'd also support them being renamed. Why would I want to sit around and do puzzles when I can explore dungeons? The X-Men's Danger Room is more exciting and accomplishes the same thing. There should be an obvious reason why the puzzles are exciting and that people will want to do them.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:05 pm

In support to what harfatum said, I want to say I liked the fact that the glyph puzzles were called "Academy" - making it obvious that they're ment to be a learning expirience. It ties into the whole "certain puzzles reward allready mastering stuff rather then provide a tutorial like expirience" thing people have been mentioning.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Blovski on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:33 pm

Blovski

Postby Alweth on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:00 am

Were you expecting a coherent message? Alweth does not deal with such trifles. Ignore him or watch the thread get locked!
Alweth

Postby harfatum on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby dislekcia on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:53 pm

dislekcia

Postby Alweth on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:10 pm

Update on the loading problem. It seems to occur when the game just saves too. Like when I locker an item. It completely freezes all of Chrome while it's loading, which is surprising, given that Chrome is supposed to run each tab in its own process so that plugins can't freeze the whole browser. Eventually a dialog pops up asking if I want to stop Unity, but if I choose "no" everything loads eventually. Again, this is completely new behavior, and not associated with a new internet connection or anything.
Alweth

Postby Alweth on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:04 pm

Further update on the loading problem. It seems to occur only with my main Kingdom. I have 4, the first and my main one are both pretty advanced, but each has some things unlocked that the other doesn't. The other two are pretty new and don't have that much unlocked. But all the other kingdoms seem to load fine.

EDIT: This loading/saving problem is getting out of control. It is getting longer and now takes multiple minutes to enter or leave a dungeon.
Alweth

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons