The Kingdom Interface

All things Desktop Dungeons

The Kingdom Interface

Postby xmashamm on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:59 am

I bought my support the devs version months and months ago. I log in to play sporadically, and I hopped on today to find the new kingdom interface and good god is it bad.

Let me first say that I love this game, and I'm very glad to have spent my money on it. However, I felt the need to make a forum account just to say how bad the new kingdom interface is. Looking pretty < Usability. I feel like all logic and usability was removed. The races are in random locations. The classes are all over the place. It's just silly.

Looks pretty, but is terribly unintuitive.

Other than that, phenomenal game.
xmashamm

Re: The Kingdom Interface

Postby dislekcia on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:29 pm

We're working on the interface being more readable and having better usability, it's just that the art assets we need to make that happen are waiting on artists that are working their butts off on other parts of the game right now. Sorry.
dislekcia

Postby harfatum on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:32 pm

I think just having a toggle button to display labels will be sufficient. I believe right now they only show when you click empty space? That's totally unintuitive.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby The Avatar on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Agreed. I missed it in the patch notes and only found out by accident.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Return to Desktop Dungeons