[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Off to GDC

Off to GDC

All things Desktop Dungeons

Off to GDC

Postby GoatBot on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:57 am

Discussion - Off to GDC
GoatBot

Re: Off to GDC

Postby Lujo on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:45 pm

Like the new Dragonshield and Ward graphics. I suspect the shield will get an amblem painted on it at some point, possibly due to veteran players used to the old amblemed one feeling funny about this one not having any.

Also I like how nothing messed up my locker this time.

Am checking out the combat predictions right now :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:30 pm

I never really got this. What are double sized elements?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby harfatum on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:24 am

Graphics with double pixel width and height, for use with displays with high resolution?
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby Raz on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:39 am

Like the experience prediction tweak. Now I can tell how far above leveling I will be. :)
Just beat Dragon Isles (1st Vicious win :D ), so I never saw the old Dragon Shield. :( Like the new one tho!
Raz

Postby damousey on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:30 pm

damousey

Postby Nandrew on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:58 am

Nandrew

Postby Phlanderz on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:54 am

[From the change log]
"Problematic solutions in Glyph Academy puzzles fixed."

I'm scared to ask (as the solution is probably staring me in the face), but for the Blood Power glyph puzzle, am I missing something? I'm literally one hp short of being able to BLUDTUPOWA enough mana for the final kill, no matter what method I try. I do notice that when you start, the layout of the unexplored squares isn't symmetrical (two right and one up from the goat, square is already exposed) -- is this intentional?

Someone wrote a couple weeks ago that hitting the goo blob was the last move. Again, I can't get enough burning on him where that would even be an option (you can kill him in fewer than three fireballs?) Are you supposed to level up by killing the tormented one first, THEN finishing off the little guys?

I'll probably groan if it's something obvious I missed, but any hints would be greatly appreciated.
Phlanderz

Postby Naoya on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:24 pm

Actually, you don't hit the goo blob last to kill him - only to detonate the burnstacks.
However, I think its rather "hit the dragon last" now that he has magic resistance and kills you in one strike.
The exposed square is fine - you could hardly trigger B2P without wasting resources if it weren't for that missing tile.
That being said, I'm stuck at the same point as you are. Has anyone else solved this? I've more or less tried everything I could imagine - a few hints would be really appreciated >_<
Naoya

Postby The Avatar on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:37 pm

Poison 1 still has 2 solutions instead of 1.

EDIT: Ugh. One tile short on bloodpower. If they took away one of the accessible black tiles and lowered the goo blob's hp by 1 it would work. Load of good that fact does me.

EDIT: Not sure if they changed it or I forgot the solution, but I can't get healthy living this week.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons