[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - All you're doing is making the game harder...

All you're doing is making the game harder...

All things Desktop Dungeons

All you're doing is making the game harder...

Postby Herborist on Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:04 pm

Why were Taurog's piety costs raised?

The dungeons are already too hard, and now they're harder. I'm seriously considering asking for a refund at this rate... >.>
Herborist

Re: All you're doing is making the game harder...

Postby dislekcia on Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:44 pm

dislekcia

Postby Herborist on Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:57 pm

Herborist

Postby flap on Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:10 pm

Relax Herborist... It is the second day of beta testing only, so they are at less than 2% of the process (final release planned in 120 days). So the game is anything but finished, and qcf will tackle issues one after the other. First the main ugly/deadly bugs, then the balance.

That version is not really meant to be entirely playable, and for the next few weeks, consider yourself as a tester rather than a player !
flap

Postby Herborist on Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:51 pm

Herborist

Postby Carl on Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:02 am

I agree that the dungeons are tough, but I don't think the rock garden/creeplight etc. should be made easier. They are at a nice level to be really challenging and yet solvable if played correctly. My only issue is that we get to them too soon. Keep them as they are, but make us do MUCH more around town in 'normal' dungeons before we're able to become a fully-fledged explorer. We shouldn't even be able to get anyway near them until we've won at least 10 (possible up to 20) stock standard dungeons. Only veterans won't mind the current progression, but that's because they've already played HOURS of normal dungeons getting that experience. I'd hate to see those really challenging dungeons get too easy. It would take away the sense of accomplishment on eventually winning them.
Carl

Postby flap on Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:25 am

flap

Postby Nandrew on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:52 am

Nandrew

Postby Galefury on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:20 pm

FWIW I found creeplight ruins pretty easy, beating them without preparations on my second try using a human priest of the glowing guardian. I did see the level during the E3 beta, but didn't beat it then. Knowing the specialties of the level sure helped though. I am a very experienced DD player, so the level being easy to me doesn't mean it's easy for everyone. I would have even beaten the level on my first try but I misclicked and died. An undo button would be quite helpful (but would go against all things roguelike).
Galefury

Postby Herborist on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:50 pm

Herborist

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons