[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - All you're doing is making the game harder...

All you're doing is making the game harder...

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: All you're doing is making the game harder...

Postby pakoito on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:20 pm

pakoito

Postby Galefury on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm greatly enjoying the challenge, and I think the current difficulty of the hard challenge levels is fine. There just need to be a bunch of easier levels so people can get used to the difficulty and learn the tactics needed to beat the really hard levels. I just beat the sludge mines with a warlord on my first try, and it was one of the closest wins I have pulled off in DD. I originally just wanted to check out the radius of the boss scouting preparation and to see what the level is all about. Then I got super annoyed at the difficulty (that level is hell, seriously), and many times I was sure I would lose. In the end I won by gradually converting just about everything in my inventory to pull out the GG piety I needed to get off one last hit and the damage to actually kill the boss with that hit. I had to play the last 15 or so turns of the game perfectly to squeeze out enough damage, and I did, and I won. This feels good, and I want other players to be able to experience this. Granted, I got really lucky with the subdungeon, but this still feels great.

TLDR: please don't lower difficulty of the hard challenge dungeons, instead add more medium difficulty levels and give some incentive to keep playing the regular dungeon.
Galefury

Postby eigenket on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:52 pm

eigenket

Postby Misery on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:03 pm

Misery

Postby Xanopticon on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:28 am

I hope this thread isn't an example of what type of people are playing DD beta and visiting these forums... herborist and pakoito have left a bad taste in my mouth.
Xanopticon

Postby Lekon on Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:26 am

Lekon

Postby flap on Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:58 am

Bah, don't worry Xanopticon. That's just a bit of impatience and over expectation for the beta version.

However, that thread might have to watched carefully by the moderators, to avoid it evolving into the collective bashing of any over enthusiastic player... :?
flap

Postby Nandrew on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:10 am

Nandrew

Postby pakoito on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:59 am

Everything is fine for me, I just spend too much time in HoN forums and Reddit, I get a bit intense on conversations but I'll tone it down here.
pakoito

Postby Misery on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Misery

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons