[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Trade Opportunities

Trade Opportunities

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Trade Opportunities

Postby The Avatar on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:20 pm

Monk Gold? Hmm... I've never found it that hard. What approach are you using?

The too tough class challenges are, IMO, Warlord Gold, Bloodmage Gold, Paladin Gold, Tinker Silver, and Tinker Gold. One strange thing is that the sense subdungeon is not brought up or utilized within any of the challenges.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Naoya on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:53 pm

Naoya

Postby The Avatar on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:02 pm

Taurog is probably the best god. APHEELSIK, HALPMEH, or just a BURNDAYRAZ/BYCEPS combo works. Just level up off the meat men, gelatinous things, and the golems (that might have been the random monster, but just fight the random monster too).

What is the generally recognized strategy for Paladin Gold? I used to be able to beat it fairly easily, but I forgot what to do and without a plan the dungeon is nigh impossible.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Waldo0 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:18 pm

I agree Monk gold was worse than thinker silver and many other golds to me :x .
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby Naoya on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:36 pm

Naoya

Postby The Avatar on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:06 pm

Probably something like that. Monk Gold is one of the harder golds (and probably a bit too hard), but Bloodmage Gold, Warlord Gold, Paladin Gpld, and Tinker Gold outclass it in difficulty. Tinker Silver is easier, but too hard when compared to other silvers.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:05 am

Monk gold is (strangely enough) sort of like an easier version of the old purist monk slime pits quest. It was a really difficult quest back in the day, and I think most people avoided it. I remember it as still being pretty hard.

The trick was to only kill meatmen and gelatinous blobs before they go poisonous. Using somethign to move monsters out of the way, or endiswall is pretty important. I gues IMAWAL to help gather expirience from the few monsters you can kill is also good. APHEELSICK is your friend, and I rememeber using Taurog for the damage boosts.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:18 pm

Yeah. HALPMEH is also great as it lets you fight poisonous meatman.

The Avatar

Postby Nurator on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Did Tinker Gold on my first try :) I am a little bit proud, if I read what you guys are writing^^

I nearly killed nothing else but the boss. But he dropped a Amulet of Yendor on Lvl 2, that helped a lot :) At the end I had to convert nearly everything to get another levelup^^ At lvl 9 he was toast :)
Nurator

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:53 pm

Congrats! That sounds pretty ideal. You practically have the whole map for the boss.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons