[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Trade Opportunities

Trade Opportunities

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Trade Opportunities

Postby Bloggorus on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:46 am

Still struggling majorly with tinker silver. Unless scummming is the only way I can't seem to leverage enough resources to get to the boss without running low on blackspace.
Bloggorus

Postby The Avatar on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:01 am

Mystera or EM are ideal gods, you'll have to spell the boss. Mystic Balance from Mystera and Clearance from EM. Use fireballs and regen fighting to level. Use the broken orb to help fight the boss (if it doesn't break your game), and make sure you purchase the amulet of mana. The boss is doable with a mid fight level up and potions.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby sitnaltax on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:26 am

Finally beat Tinker Silver. This is a rough one, probably the hardest silver? Basically I staggered across the L8 boundary with all my potions left and that's barely enough to drop the boss with fireballs and melee--a mid-fight level-up would help a lot. I had the Bound sword, Penance, the Health and Mana Pendants, and the Fake Beard pushed me over. I had Mystera almost from the beginning, which was good for +3 mana and Mystic Balance, which translates into quite a bit of fireball power. If it's looking desperate, you can dump all of your health into the boss, take Flames, and pray the boss doesn't get Retaliate Fireball.

If you can scape up an inventory slot, I think WONAFYT/WEYTWUT/IMAWAL would be handy to get together a tad more XP and make a mid-fight level easier to achieve. The level seems to generate some inaccessible areas on purpose, but I guess that's what the blue scrolls are for.

Man, APHEELSIK is a tease on this level.
sitnaltax

Postby Naoya on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:58 pm

Oh yeah, APHEELSIK... the joy of that thing being the very first thing you find.
I did it by lucking out (Fine sword, bloody sigil, fakebeard early on), which allowed me to have enough popcorn for
2 midfight levelups once I reached level 6.
I love entanglement and Clearance.

On another note, has anyone tried the new spiritpact ?
It's definitely a bit better now, but I don't know... I tried it with a conversion-happy Mystera Wizard, which worked nice enough, but I doubt I could've generated enough piety with anyone else without gimping myself.
I think it still costs a bit too much for what it does.
Also, seeing as Spirit pact depends on both your piety and how often you convert... we have preps for elite items, quest items, and aphothekarys, but we don't have one for cheap items. Not sure how that one would work out, but it would probably work nicely with conversion strategys.
Naoya

Postby The Avatar on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:33 am

Potions are rather cheap...

The problem is cheap items are scattered throughout all of the categories. You could maybe add a small items prep though. Actually, that would be interesting. Shops for the spaceless shopper.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:20 am

Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:43 am

I've been testing it out along with experimenting with CP strats in general. It's not really bad, and it affects a variable which has been a balance issue before - CP values of conversion junk. Technicaly it allows for "silly orc CP monster" with basic items as it boosts the CP values of random junk. I've used it with "petition only" JJ with byceps.

Also, Avatar and me discussed the "lack of small useless conversion fodder subdungeon". There simply isn't one that would give you a boatload of it. Probably because it would be a GG piety windfall. I really whish there was one, though, with really useless conversion fodder such as snacks of some sort.

As for CP strats in general, I've reported the weird behavior of Transmutation seals not stacking (and apparently resseting to 100% if you try to stack two transmutetion of a "fewer glyph" glyphs"). I'm prepping sensation stone + fewer glyphs for an early 20 gold + 375 CP - it's great on warmongers and on guys who only want one glyph anyway. It's great for spellcasters, since it gives an elf 5 mana right out the door with just one glyph conversion.

EDIT: Spirit pact + fewer glyphs + Sensation Stone + Transmutation Seal + half-dragon = boatloads of knocback (and easier to find glyphs due to scouting).
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons