The True Tale of Transmuters

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The True Tale of Transmuters

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:09 pm

Even then it is utterly random. Too random.

Transmuter Gold was, IMO, really easy. I just went all out taurog. For the boss I used 3 unstoppable courages, one badge of courage, and a fireball. Not very hard if you figure out a strategy.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Thu May 02, 2013 9:34 am

Ech, I found the pactmaker subdungeons. They're still horrible in every sense that was grumbled about - no exploration, fixed pacts, takes up the slot for the run... All that has changed is that there is now a tooltip saying there are more of those around and that you should find them all.

-.-

And I speedran a new profile just to check it out.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Thu May 02, 2013 3:54 pm

So, are the Wednesday blog updates going to continue in the future? Or are they going to be irregular from now on?

Not demanding anything (no reason to say things for the sake of saying things), just want to know.
Darvin

Postby Nandrew on Fri May 03, 2013 10:34 am

Forgot to throw up the blog post on Wed, but it's there now.

Also, the Pactmaker subdungeons are adjusted for practicality and understanding, not leverage. The complaints that I remember most clearly weren't about exploration and fixed pacts, they were a lack of understanding over where the Pactmaker dungeons were supposed to be heading.
Nandrew

Postby Lujo on Fri May 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Well, if you say so?

Anyone else care to comment on the pactmaker sbdungeons? Last time I brought it up at leas a bunch of us oldes guys were in agreement that the subdungeon was annoying.

EDIT: I tried to dig the discussion up, but the search function is screwy ATM for some reason. Boils down to this - It (used to?) crop up 3 times in place of the regular subdungeon, and provides nothing much except a random pact. Well, not random but fixed and can easily be one you don't care for / want. And 9 piety. No warning, and if you touch it you can screw your run up, especially if you're a newbie still experimenting with gods.

I think the general consensus among the vets was that it's the worst way to introduce a god, and I speculated that getting saddled with random pacts can drive you away from experimenting with pactmaker for a good while.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri May 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Its three problems were that it's flavorless, mechanically punishing, and convoluted. You've fixed one of those three problems, but the others remain.
Darvin

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons