Page 2 of 2

Re: Rex Effex

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:59 am
by The Avatar
You have Whupaz and ridiculous regen capabilities for SMM, and you can always use GG's cleansing for the tower of goo. Not sure on where the resists would come from. Dragon shield is 18%, maybe pacemaker with immediate consensus and body pact?

Re: Rex Effex

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:19 am
by Waldo0
I also like to build strategies for specific situations. :)

I always start to think every combination like human fighter, elf fighter, dwarf fighter, ~, and vampire for hard runs.

It is pretty fun to me.

Re: Rex Effex

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:35 am
by Schandlich
Image

Two steps forward, one step back. (Yes I can bring in two slayer wands).

And am I missing the free preps?

Re: Rex Effex

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:46 am
by The Avatar
I have the same bug but with different preps. Taking more glyphs twice is quite interesting, and a gain in CP considering they are still worth 80.

Re: Rex Effex

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:52 am
by Schandlich
The Avatar wrote:I have the same bug but with different preps. Taking more glyphs twice is quite interesting, and a gain in CP considering they are still worth 80.


Lucky.

Re: Rex Effex

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:05 am
by Lujo
Waldo0 wrote:I also like to build strategies for specific situations. :)

I always start to think every combination like human fighter, elf fighter, dwarf fighter, ~, and vampire for hard runs.

It is pretty fun to me.


Plus you're into it. I've been mopping up remaining sub-vicious stuff by using easy solutions (guitar, agnostic collar, CP monstering) so when I hit thresholds where PQI sends me to vicious I feel a bit out of depth. After 3 full completions you're adjusted to the difficulty bracket and you have proper footwork and what works and what doesn't.

The Avatar wrote:You have Whupaz and ridiculous regen capabilities for SMM, and you can always use GG's cleansing for the tower of goo. Not sure on where the resists would come from. Dragon shield is 18%, maybe pacemaker with immediate consensus and body pact?


Yeah, I'm not sure about the resists either. Pactmaker would screw you up if you mean to use any gods below, And consensus is only good for 16 resists or so, so that's 34%. If you bring patches in you can seriously screw yourself over, and if you're really lucky you can get 8-12% more from him. And then you'd have to scum for pactmaker and a lucky patches run. Don't think that's what Waldo did.

Guess we'll have to wait for him to do everything and reveal the strat...

Re: Rex Effex

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:28 pm
by The Avatar
What if you threw in the stone sigil?

Wow. All I have left is Vicious Vicious NC and most of VGT (including (V)VGT).

Re: Rex Effex

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:17 am
by mrspoon1259
You guys should try to get into steam greenlight

Re: Rex Effex

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:51 am
by Lujo
mrspoon1259 wrote:You guys should try to get into steam greenlight


I think they allready have a deal with steam. :) Since, like, forever. When it's done, it goes on steam.

Re: Rex Effex

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:10 am
by dislekcia
Lujo wrote:I think they allready have a deal with steam. :) Since, like, forever. When it's done, it goes on steam.


Yup. Desktop Dungeons will be on Steam. Everyone that pre-ordered will get keys. Steam is awesome :)