[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - My thoughts

My thoughts

All things Desktop Dungeons

My thoughts

Postby CunningGabe on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:46 am

Totally loving the beta so far! Here are some of my favorite things:

* Dungeon puzzles! I haven't unlocked any yet other than the starter pack (if there are others to unlock coded up yet), but I am very much looking forward to getting more of these.
* All the extra elements that make dungeons unique -- like the sacrificial goat with the cultists, or the golems coming out of the wall, or the Orb of Lusory.
* The preparations system -- lots of fun, and really key, I think, to doing well in some of the harder dungeons.

Here are a couple of minor things I don't like quite as much:

* I'm not sure how much others feel this way, but I liked the "quests" in the alpha that rewarded you for beating a certain dungeon with lots of different classes. I've been mostly sticking to just a few classes, which is kind of sad; I like playing all of them! But without a clear reward other than "get more money", I'm just not inclined to branch out and replay dungeons with multiple classes. Maybe it would be nice to have some dungeons that did support this kind of quest. Or at least more class-specific (or class-tree-specific) quests.
* I'm not sure how many more quests are currently pushed, but at the moment the only quest I have open is Lair of Steel. I've finished all the other quests at the same "level" (e.g. Rock Garden, the Troll Bridge...). If there are going to be more quests after this, it's a little annoying that they bottleneck here. Having more side-quest lines would be helpful.

Finally, a couple little bugs:

* The kingdom advisor often says there are new puzzles in the Explorer's Guild, but I still just have the Intro Pack.
* The square that the troll is standing on in the Troll Bridge looks like solid ground. There should be a separate tile for it.

Keep up the great work!

EDIT: Just noticed that I have other dungeons unlocked -- just no quests for them. (Namely: Druid Grove, Sludge Mines, and Demonic Library.) Guess I'll go check those out!
CunningGabe

Re: My thoughts

Postby eigenket on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:01 am

eigenket

Postby michal.lewtak on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:41 pm

michal.lewtak

Postby dislekcia on Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:22 pm

At the moment we're still working on dungeons to go into the game. Nandrew's built about twice as many as are in at the moment, but we're working on new tilesets and the like as well. Basically we'll be focusing on updating each of the four areas one at a time as we move on - the current dungeons are nowhere near the final state that we've got envisaged for each direction :)
dislekcia

Postby Galefury on Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:53 pm

Galefury

Postby Misery on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:12 pm

Misery

Postby dislekcia on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:18 am

Should be lots of new easy-stage dungeons for class/race learning and some neat rewards. We also messed with some progression a little bit in today's patch.

We'll definitely encourage re-playing existing dungeons with different classes (and possibly even giving nice rewards for the off-class completions) in the future. We've got a lot more dungeons planned ;)
dislekcia

Return to Desktop Dungeons