Vicious Cursed Oasis and The Slime Pit

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Vicious Cursed Oasis and The Slime Pit

Postby Sidestepper on Sun May 26, 2013 8:47 pm

Hee Acid Caster and Punchomancer have become common enough words that they are starting to take on alternative meanings. This makes me happy.

I started using "Acid Caster" to describe an Earthmother strategy that I posted here
http://www.qcfdesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2050&hilit=acid+caster&start=260

Punchomancer was a word I coined for an Orc or Huamn Wizard that immediately collects all the glpyhs and then aggressively converts junk items, resulting in a character that has most of the spells in the game and also has very high damage.

http://www.qcfdesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2050&p=21895&hilit=punchomancer#p21895

Both of Bloggorus' descriptions are reasonable variants of the strategies.
Sidestepper

Postby Checkem on Wed May 29, 2013 3:42 am

I have always wondered what's a good number of greenbloods to boon? I usually only manage to get about 7 or eight before I block myself off, I know she gives out more piety for monster targets but can't put myself in that mindset. :/
Checkem

Postby Sidestepper on Fri May 31, 2013 6:37 pm

Checkem wrote:I have always wondered what's a good number of greenbloods to boon? I usually only manage to get about 7 or eight before I block myself off, I know she gives out more piety for monster targets but can't put myself in that mindset. :/

That depends on what you're trying to do. If you are following the acid caster strategy, you want a LOT. Like 8-10 layers, and at 1st level. You will use up about 3/4 of the map doing this. The whole strategy hinges on getting absurd fireball damage right away and then scoring totally out of depth kills while being backed by IMAWAL. And by 'totally out of depth' I mean killing 9th level monster from level 1." For VICIOUS, you might have to settle for a 7th level monster, or instead gain a level or 2 from IMAWALing slowed popcorn.

If you are doing a more 'casual' EM game, then Greenblood is mediocre. I mostly use it when the price point for Vineform gets too high, and even then I am mostly using it to create more plants so that I don't run out of IMAWAL targets as I explore. It can also be used to mitigate curse. Basically, Greenblood really suffers hard from middle-of-the-road approaches. Either go nuts with it or just barely use it at all.
Sidestepper

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons