[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - I finished the Vicious Gaan-Telet.

I finished the Vicious Gaan-Telet.

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: I finished the Vicious Gaan-Telet.

Postby Lujo on Fri May 24, 2013 7:44 pm

:D That's one thing I wasn't sure of - whether their attacks were capped.

Also, I just had a VT Vamp run that I had to abandon because floor before the last one was bloodless and it stopped me dead. And I've done in the lizard and the statue and everything else, had platemail, halpmeh, RBS, 9 lvl of bloodsucking, 4 blood cows - ideal setup and everything, but it still killed me. Patches turned out maybe 2 resist hits.

Veto slots - Battlemage Ring, Spoon, Blue Bead, Whurlgarble, Crytal Ball, Heroe's Helm and Mage Plate.

Ideally, I could put whurgarble back in and take out Stone Sigil.

Anyway it's doable. Obviously :D

And yeah, I don't mind you not sharing stuff and your arguments are fine in general - but can share some and you don't have to go too detailed. If you give us just enough, we vets will know what you're talking about or ask for a specific detail. The mystery strat, for example - it's not something any newbie will be able to copy just by knowing 2 key pieces. If it is we probably know about it allready :D (but we never thought of trying it seriously enough)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Sat May 25, 2013 5:24 pm

Ok, so this is doable without HALPMEH.

But can anyone tell me what's wrong with the picture below (any vet, expand and take a good look):

And I give him a cookie. Hint - berserked vicious horratio was healing me.

No scumming either (only platemail). The inventory you see is the inventory I was using for the last couple of floors, as I ran out of money a long while ago.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sat May 25, 2013 5:37 pm

You must have had enough resists so his berserk damage was less than your lifesteal. Then again, that would require 65% resists and BICEPS, neither of which you had. I'm stumped. If only part of the picture wasn't cut off.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sat May 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Lujo

Postby Waldo0 on Sat May 25, 2013 6:31 pm

Last edited by Waldo0 on Sun May 26, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby Lujo on Sat May 25, 2013 7:07 pm

Lujo

Postby Sidestepper on Sun May 26, 2013 7:18 pm

The weird thing that I saw in your picture is that you killed off your meatmen super early. I would not even dream of killing two high level meatmen as a vampire until I was completely out of black space.

EDIT: Wait. Those weren't ground floor meatmen were they? Nevermind then.
Sidestepper

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons