[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - First 8 gold challenges.

First 8 gold challenges.

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: First 8 gold challenges.

Postby dislekcia on Mon May 27, 2013 10:33 am

dislekcia

Postby berpdreyfuss on Mon May 27, 2013 11:20 am

I think veto and locker slots are a different issue.

I have one veto slot and haven't used it yet because the items that I take out of a dungeon are usually not the ones I want to veto. I have not optimised my play so far that I know which items I want to veto anyway so it never occurred to me to go scum for an item to veto it.

If I had a choice to veto any of the items I unlocked so far I guess I would have done it just to play around with it.
berpdreyfuss

Postby Kingdom of One on Mon May 27, 2013 11:51 am

Well, as the topic is here to stay...the perspective of someone who has yet to use his unlocked veto slots or to put off an attempt at a dungeon until he has found the relevant items (for locker or veto) for a strategy.

I don't have a problem with locker slots. Flavour-wise, you get the item and put it in a locker and then you can use it again.
This makes sense. If you really want to use a particular item then you have to hunt it down. An ease-of-use addition for late endgame makes some kind of sense but has yet to seem necessary.

Veto slots on the other hand don't make sense. I need to get the item to show it to the bazaar people so that they know not to send it? Why can't I just tell them? If I don't want to use an item - the last thing I want to do is have to hunt it down.

Also, if I've completed a dungeon and have some extra gold it seems weird looking through shops to see if there is anything I should buy so that I can then veto (whereas buy so that I can use in a future run makes sense).
Kingdom of One

Postby Lujo on Mon May 27, 2013 1:26 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby dislekcia on Mon May 27, 2013 2:56 pm

dislekcia

Postby dislekcia on Mon May 27, 2013 3:03 pm

Random thought: Would it help explain the need for an actual vetoable item if we called them "Return slots" or tied in the idea of physical warranties somehow?

Bezar does not accept shipping costs on returned goods, but will prevent the shipping of further similar items until your dispute is dismissed. Note that all contact with Bezar or Bezar's support appendages may be recorded for amusement or blackmail purposes.
dislekcia

Postby Kingdom of One on Mon May 27, 2013 3:46 pm

That particular explanation doesn't work for me.
I'm not sure it's possible to come up with one that does though as you won't get away from the fact that you're still searching for something you explicitly don't want to find (again).
Kingdom of One

Postby berpdreyfuss on Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

Idea: You are able to veto items which you saw in a shop but didn't buy in your last run. This would be similar to the locker system but would make more sense.
berpdreyfuss

Postby Lujo on Mon May 27, 2013 7:21 pm

Last edited by Lujo on Mon May 27, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Raz on Mon May 27, 2013 7:43 pm

I can't foresee myself scumming to fill veto slots to tailor store outcome (although I do see that as the eventual passive outcome of filling veto slots, actively tailoring is a different matter). If I am that desperate to win a particular run, there must be some flaw in my play, or I am too narrow minded to try something different rather than beat my head against a wall (fun comparison) scumming for that particular item or 2 to remove. For me, scumming is not fun, and definitely not necessary, therefore i don't do it (except to unlock the occasional race or witch quest).
Just my 2 cent here.
Lujo- Seems your hoping for another week off. Your point has been heard (over and over...).
Raz

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons