[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Goofy classes that can't, won't, and shouldn't exist.

Goofy classes that can't, won't, and shouldn't exist.

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Goofy classes that can't, won't, and shouldn't exist.

Postby MTaur on Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:36 pm

Ok, let me try an Overseer variant.

Elite Ranger
Seasoned Veteran - Attacks against lower-level enemies are granted the First Strike attribute.
Scavenger - Uncovering an unexplored tile restores 1 health per level and 1 mana.
Prudence - Begins the dungeon run situated near a convenient escape route. Items and a small amount of gold are returned to the kingdom's lockers and treasury.

Bonus round: New race!

Half-Elf
The half-elf is exactly 50% elf and roughly 3-8% each of anything else vaguely humanoid you might think of. Used to laying low due to various "one drop" rules adopted by most races when deciding whether to accept outsiders, the half-elf has had to make a habit of secretly "borrowing" items and returning them before their absence has been noticed, gently placing unwanted items back on the ground, fully intact and in working condition. ("Converted" items grant 0 CP, but the item is placed nearby on the ground)

Ok, so I'd totally prepare Martyr Wraps or Plate Mail, or maybe Really Big Sword. All glyphs are good, and any item that grants a benefit on level-up can also be juggled. The free items subdungeon would be nice, too. (I thought about calling the class Third-Elf for the lulz...)

EDIT: Also, Half-Elf/Third-Elf is an ART CHALLENGE. Mwa ha ha.
MTaur

Postby ArcticMetal on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:54 pm

The half-elf would be absolutely beastly as a tinker.
ArcticMetal

Postby flap on Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:43 am

And would make GG and Taurog much easier to play. Actually, GG might fell fooled with such conversions... (Well, actually that's already some extra piety that can't be collected...).

A transmuter Half-Elf would be rather silly...
flap

Postby MTaur on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:06 pm

MTaur

Postby dislekcia on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:08 pm

Hahahaha :)

That Half-Elf sounds pretty interesting. I have no idea if we'd add an entire race to the game now (soooo much art, argh) but I'd so vote to call it a "Mostly-Elf" if that were to happen. I think constantly being able to drop and pick up everything would be a bit annoying though, it's great for flexibility but horrid on the UI.
dislekcia

Postby MTaur on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:18 pm

MTaur

Postby MTaur on Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:18 pm

I should also add that Taurog would be angered if you "convert" his stuff as usual... Unless it's programmed so that it doesn't count as Converting for this purpose. I just expect that it would be the most convenient UI element to use for Half/Third/Mostly-Elf purposes in either case.

Full-Taurog users would still be able to juggle two large slots and four small slots (assuming a Compression Seal prep), though.

EDIT: Oh, you're right about GG piety farming. It can't be allowed to make GG happy, so it shouldn't make Taurog angry, either. This just means that Taurog Mostly-Elf is strong instead of GG Mostly-Elf being insanely broken. Still can't Convert the damned beads, so they're still stuck in the inventory! GG is kind of bad, overall, since you can't farm Piety at all. (The alternative is to track what's been "converted" and only gain incidental bonuses the first time. This is more complicated, and it's probably better to just have GG really suck for this race, because everyone has to suffer in DD.)
MTaur

Postby Darvin on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:24 am

Darvin

Postby MTaur on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:23 am

MTaur

Postby Darvin on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:06 am

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons