[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Goofy classes that can't, won't, and shouldn't exist.

Goofy classes that can't, won't, and shouldn't exist.

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Goofy classes that can't, won't, and shouldn't exist.

Postby MTaur on Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:50 pm

MTaur

Postby Tinker on Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:37 pm

This is clearly a metagame class. But I still could imagine considering something like this fun:

BANKER (monster class)
PORTFOLIO you start with Net Worth 2. You gain +1 Net Worth for every 50 Conversion Points.
DERIVATIVES you gain 1 Gold per Net Worth for each badge you score at the end of the run.
DIVIDEND you gain +5% bonus per Net Worth to to the gold you earned during the run.

Idea is simple: a kind of "pure" challenge class that has no in-dungeon abilities, however boosts the spoils.
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Lujo on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:03 pm

^ Sounds like a great idea for a challenge class, allthough the whole Bankster as an RPG character was done sooooo flavorfully in Dungeons of Dreadmor :)

He'd have to have some way to dump toxic assets on stuff ^^
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Tinker on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:22 am

Ok, the idea was to have a way for a player to play a character that has no class abilities impacting the game. I sometimes wish I could do that, just to understand better how Gods, items, etc. work in isolation. Then again, the CP bonus is there to reward the player for taking the challenge by giving more gold.

Anyway, two more ideas, regular races not classes or monster classes this time:

Troll
For every 80 Conversion Points, gain permanent +1 Health Regeneration.

Tiefling
For every 80 Conversion Points, you inflict +2 damage using BURNDAYRAZ.
Tinker

Postby Lujo on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:53 pm

I'm actually all for the banker for exactly the same reasons. :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Tinker on Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:52 pm

I was thinking a bit last night and I was wondering mostly about the Tier 1 classes (coincidentally, I'm playing them more than anything lately). Specifically, how the Priest is covering the typical D&D-inspired Cleric angle with powers against undead & healing et al, but not so much the devoted servant of any deity angle. Since the name is already taken, I suggest to you the:

Cleric
Leader: You start each dungeon at Level 2.
Devoted: Preparing an Altar is free (no prep cost; doesn't hamper Purist; no prep penalty).
Pilgrim: You have one additional Inventory slot.
Tinker

Postby Astral on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:03 pm

Sounds fun, especially Devoted. This would make a really straightforward TT worshiper too.
Prepping GG would be cool as well. Fill those slots with countless beads!

Btw does Leader mean you have lvl2 stats, so it's not just an alternate Blood Curse?
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Stooge on Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:20 am

Phoenix
For every 90 Conversion Points, gain one layer of death protection.

Eternal Flame - Normal attacks and fireballs inflict 2 stacks of burning, +50% maximum burning. Burning deteriorated slowly on detonation (3 stacks disappear every detonation).
Eternal Life - Can stack death protections (CYDSTEPP can only provides one stack at a time). Every death protection expended detonates burning.
Eternal Arrogance - Unable to level past level 9.

Demigod
For every 80 Conversion Points, gain 20 piety.

Divine Origins - Unable to worship, boons are immediately available from all altars.
Divine Feud - God boons cost 25% more, indulgences can be spent to buy boons at 25% less.
Divine Right - Additional experience on lower level kills, levelling overheals 50%.

Phoenix might be a bit overpowered, I was thinking of adding inherent slow strike as well, but that might be a bit much. I have a feeling Demigod still wouldn't be as good as a normal worshipper, depending on the altar selection, maybe 50% more piety from desecrations (45, -15 stacking)?
Stooge

Postby Tinker on Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:41 pm

Tinker

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons