[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Publicity

Publicity

All things Desktop Dungeons

Publicity

Postby Astusvis on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:36 pm

You may want to consider submitting your game to TotalBiscuit's WTF is? series.
He did a WTF is? on your free alpha version, and I'm sure he would be glad to do another for the beta/full game.
Here is a link to his video of the alpha version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNA6vvEfhoQ

To submit the game, e-mail pr@cynicalbrit.com

Note: I am in no way affiliated with TB nor do I own the game at the moment, only because I have no way to pay for it. I simply think that this is a great way to get your game out there, with almost half a million people likely to see the video.
Astusvis

Re: Publicity

Postby dislekcia on Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:31 pm

dislekcia

Postby Astusvis on Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:35 pm

Ahhh, ok.
I was under the impression he knew nothing about it, because he didn't reply on twitter.

No matter, now I just have to find a way to buy the game... :(

Feel free to delete this thread; it no longer serves any purpose.
Astusvis

Postby Jedit on Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:18 pm

I can't watch that video. It's horrible seeing him waste potions, ignore mana-ups and say there's no difference between mouse and keyboard movement while not realising you can move diagonally. :?
Jedit

Postby dislekcia on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:31 am

dislekcia

Postby Astusvis on Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:25 am

Wait what? Are you stalking me?
How did you manage to view my tweet? Without knowing me? With private tweets? HAX!?
me = confused

And yeah Jedit, it IS painful to watch but funny nonetheless.
Astusvis

Postby dislekcia on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:26 pm

dislekcia

Postby Astusvis on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:29 pm

Oh, I thought it must have been something like that. (STOP STALKING ME!)
Astusvis

Postby zeemeerman2 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:32 am

It's because of TB that I know Desktop Dungeons. Since that time, I'm playing, and I still do.
And thereafter, this game got me into Roguelikes. You know, games like Desktop Dungeons...
Played Dungeon of Dredmor for a while. Cheap in price (as I was waiting for the beta of DD to be released) but also cheap in quality. Graphically amazing until you start playing. You'll find the quirky level design errors soon. (Framerate limited to 30, including 30fps cursor, walls that block your view to see behind it, tho you can walk there, ...) Great humor and class design tho. It won't make the game unplayable, but because of the game code, it can't just be "patched".

Don't worry, I'm still loyal to Desktop Dungeons. No worshipping Tuna-like gods here. Here we have Tikki Tooki. Much, much better.
zeemeerman2

Return to Desktop Dungeons