[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Special Edition Character Now Available!

Special Edition Character Now Available!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Special Edition Character Now Available!

Postby Lujo on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:10 pm

Huzzah!

Let's see how we break this in ungodly ways, it's a fine and rewarding class and well worth the extra money! Big congratulations to the devs :)

And I can deffinitely see how it turns some playstyles on top of their heads, so I can sort of feel your pain. It kicks the qcf forums trademark efficency strat universe in the shins, and does so really well I guess.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:26 pm

Of all crazy things, I'm currently fixated on playing this new class as a hoarder.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:54 pm

Last edited by Lujo on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:09 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:33 pm

Some of the hard dungeons are really nasty. Slime pits anyone? Also, having to kill guys in Shifting Passages is terrible.

Maybe you guys realized this, but you can convert food for 5 CP per morsel. It's great for eking out that final restore vs a boss, and it gives you a reason to kill popcorn on a boss fight. Each piece of popcorn is 45 CP!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:36 pm

Wow I didn't know this - the side panel didn't pop up!

And I haven't done many runs, I just got my feet wet.

Fabulous treasure seems to rock socks, though.

Flames is a really good pickup if you have B2P too, at least for the bosses.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:40 pm

Still, it is worth more than the balanced dagger? It's almost impossible to top that thing. Now I suppose if you vetoed most of the quest items section (obviously leaving soul orb, venom ward, and balanced dagger) then prepped quest items and fabulous treasure you'd be unstoppable.

I'm starting to wonder if food is more of a mixed blessing than a problem. If you can end up with 20 remaining food that's one more full heal. I often end with more.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:43 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:06 am

It's telling about my sloppy exploration that I almost never have leftover food (I've started spiking stuff with it though, that might be why :D).

I haven't vetoed anything, and I haven't tried the dagger yet. I suppose it IS pretty hard to top, but fabulous treasure = effortless buyout, which then means refills, so idk...

Also, had slime pits SMM down to 328. I still had CP fuel in the form of tarogs gear, HALPMEH and a tower shield, but I don't think I would've done it. Was prepped to the teeth, but I could've played it better. Mystic balance Mystera did the goo in at lvl 5, and I managed to bounce between her and Taurog without ever touching Drac (drac would've wo it for me for sure). No balanced dagger, but yes fabulous treasure.

Also, prepping an altar has so far got me starting with that altar as my first. Anyone looking to avoid JJ might find this interesting.

EDIT: If you prep fabulous treasure and happen to run into the smacklefunky's subdungeon, you can really take it away :D
Lujo

Postby Dreamdancer on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:24 am

I tried the new class at Hobbler's Hold.
Started with JJ and got EM and then Taurog. Early Balanced Dagger find was nice.
So far my impression is that this class is a completely new game experience...
Great work... But i think i'll need some time to understand it... This class seems somewhat strange, compared to the others
Dreamdancer

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons