Special Edition Character Now Available!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Special Edition Character Now Available!

Postby GoatBot on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:20 pm

GoatBot

Re: Special Edition Character Now Available!

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:42 pm

Wow, this is a very nice update. Love the new artwork, and the new class is AWESOME!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby berpdreyfuss on Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:43 pm

Such big news and it doesn't seem to work for me... I upgraded to the special edition some time ago, but I can't see any new building... Anybody else with the same problem?
berpdreyfuss

Postby Fran on Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Works and I tried the new class out, but only in hobblers hold.

Now that I've played it, it actually feels way nicer than you described it in your other post, so I guess I owe you somekind of an apology for jumping to conclusions. The conversion threshold and the food consumption rate is reasonable enough to make it balance out the missing regen on lvl up - I think it actually feels as unique as the vampire does, which is a great feat in my book.

However, I still don't know how i feel about the missing heal of poison and manaburn on lvl up. I just had Jehora and got immediately poisoned, and I'm pretty sure I couldn't have recovered from that as easily as if it would have been for an actually hard dungeon. I'm not saying this because I feel like poison is too harsh and can't be worked with, but this seems like in the end, its highly encouraged to scum for a dungeon without jehora or to scum for the viper ward / soul orb if you want to go anywhere with the class. Somehow, that seems a bit too specialized.

But the more I think about it, the less of a problem it is actually. So I guess I'm just nitpicking here.
Fran

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:02 pm

The new building is a little goat near the bottom of the screen with a rainbow going over it. It costs 3000 to upgrade. I assume there will be more content to come, right? That is what the building says after all.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Of course I just spent an enormous sum of gold on my last veto slot last night, so I have to play a few rounds to get the gold for the new class <_<
Darvin

Postby harfatum on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:03 pm

I really want to try this. On the other hand, I really want to wait till the full release with my wife and start a whole new kingdom for the "true" experience. So hard to choose :P
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby Darvin on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:05 pm

Ugh! Tikki Tooki at level 1 is evil. Doesn't even give you GETINDARE, so you need to find an appropriate glyph before you can fight anything.

EDIT - Earthmother with no IMAWAL on the board is incredibly frustrating. Dracul is fricken awesome for this guy, though. Sure, you need to be careful with lifesteal with EM or GG around, but you get to use sanguine and blood tithe to their fullest extent and still kill undead and activate CYDSTEPP with impunity by doing it on your off-level.

Pactmaker is pure nastiness with this guy, though. Fewer gods to bounce between really hurts him, and the whole benefit of the pacts (different boons without needing to leave your current deity) is a moot point.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:25 pm

The worst is not being able to find any enemies. I just got killed 3 times in a row at level 1 because I could not find a single good enemy. At this rate I might have to prep smuggler's den.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:27 pm

The new piety log is awesome! Big cheer!

The new character class is likewise awesome, in the way he's presented! Big cheer!

He's challenging and weird and nice, and totaly abusable with stuff I do naturally* and I like him :)

*and would get flak for from other vets if they were the sort of people who flak people, so it's totaly working as intended :)

Also - the floats on stat gains are a great thing - the general interface improvements make me want to buy a few more copies of the game and gift it to people I want nice things to happen to.
Last edited by Lujo on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons