Special Edition Character Now Available!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Special Edition Character Now Available!

Postby Darvin on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:29 pm

CORRECTION

Pactmaker is fricken awesome for the Goatperson ^_^

I'm sure the bug will be fixed next week, but until then, there's no better way to spend 10 piety.
Darvin

Postby Nandrew on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Darvin wrote:CORRECTION

I'm sure the bug will be fixed next week, but until then, there's no better way to spend 10 piety.

And boom, there you have it.
Nandrew

Postby harfatum on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:34 pm

I gotta say, I am hugely excited for all the mechanics of this class other than the god pinball. :)
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby Lujo on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:37 pm

harfatum wrote:I gotta say, I am hugely excited for all the mechanics of this class other than the god pinball. :)

From the limited experience, and with totally unjustified bragging overtones until I can get some pics, if this guy didn't do the god pinball he'd be way too good. So don't worry about it :)

The conversion for full heals seems to be as strong as I've thought (hint, not only can you chain it more easily than full heals from level ups, but you can get A LOT more of them if you prep/work at it)
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:42 pm

Nandrew wrote:
Darvin wrote:CORRECTION

And boom, there you have it.

Did you guys have a betting pool on how long it took before one of us broke something?

Some other comments:

* it's very annoying to be swapped back to the piety log tab every time I level up. This is extra annoying with the Goatperson because keeping an eye on my food levels is exceedingly important.

* poison and mana burn are definitely terrifying for this character. An early fireball find is very important. I think fireball magnet will be my go-to prep in the future.

* BLUDTUPOWA is a godsend, allowing you to explore extra ground without tapping your food. Along with HALPMEH (poison cure) probably one of the best possible glyph finds for this character.

(hint, not only can you chain it more easily than full heals from level ups, but you can get A LOT more of them if you prep/work at it)

I'm still playing purist; as a "weak early - OMG late" class, I shudder to think what he'll do with a full prep load.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:45 pm

Darvin wrote:I'm still playing purist; as a "weak early - OMG late" class, I shudder to think what he'll do with a full prep load.

You don't even have to go extravagant, just prep a balanced dagger, magnet fireball and quest items.
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:50 pm

Balanced Dagger on its own is going to be a huge boon for the Goatperson.

And yes, I shudder to think what he's capable of with a full prep-load. Definitely requires a completely different mindset than the usual playstyle, but the power is there.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:03 pm

The completely different mindset - narcissim and self-centeredness aside, I'm litteraly not feeling it.

It's like suddenly a whole lot of stuff makes a whole lot more sense. I'm feeling the food thing, but it's just a little bit more engaging, and if the gods weren't getting jumped around I'd be playing pretty much exactly as I always do (you know all those things I rant about as being braindead and about avoiding doing this or that? This guy just makes some of MY instinctive personal rules the actual rules!).

Only you have a really, really, really strong CP bonus. I think this guy is ment to be played prepped up, and all the "downsides" are actually sensible balancing for the prep system addition from the alpha - the food system should've been in all along :D
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:11 pm

This guy just makes some of MY instinctive personal rules the actual rules!

This is fair enough. I tend to leverage level-up heals zealously, so adjusting to the fact that I'm not getting them (and changing my resource planning accordingly) is a huge shift in mindset. I also tend to explore heavily early on; the lost exploration space is often well worth finding the right altar, shop, or glyph and leveraging it at lower levels.

So maybe it's just much more of a shift for me than it so for you. Difference in playstyle, I suppose. Still, we're in agreement that there is power to be had here, and we're the kind of people who will lay claim to it whatever the cost :twisted:
Darvin

Postby Darvin on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:10 pm

Must... remember... not to use BLUDTUPOWA... with GG...

Gaaaah @_@

Seriously, such a superb glyph for the Goatperson, worth weaving into your exploration all the time as a food conservation method... just remember NOT TO DO IT when worshipping GG.
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons