[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The more you know

The more you know

All things Desktop Dungeons

The more you know

Postby Bloggorus on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:03 am

Avatar's Codex causes WHRRGARBL to apply maximum burning on strike.

Worth 20 or so extra attack at high levels.

Inb4 nerf.
Bloggorus

Re: The more you know

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:41 am

Avatar's Codex+WHRRGARBL+EM=INSTA WIN! Seriously, that just made an OP combo more OP. THIS IS AWESOME!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:53 pm

I don't know if this was nerfed or not, but I was looking for a thread with high-end-vet stuff to post something. I'm trying out the random run feature and it sent me to Namtars Lair with the Dwarven Priest (took me a short while to realize where exactly I was). I went purist, because I'm looking at it as a possible answer to anyone complaining about there not being a default "go to dungeon and deal with whatever you find there" mode that would resemble alpha.

Anywho, it's doable with a purist Dwarf Priest with no items of note and EM as the only god I've used. I might've had a keg, of mana, but nothing terribly exciting. And I'm rusty enough that I can't do the first triple quest - it just kept going through it to see how far I'd go and just kept beating Namtar's forms. I didn't even have a first strike glyph - only entanglement (and I had HALPMEH). Oh, I spent all my gold on a pair of dwarven gantlets, but still, it's Namtar's Lair...

Well, the more you know...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:18 pm

Dwarf priest is a pretty powerful combo. . .but still I am nowhere near attacking Namtar purist. That is a tough nut to crack right there.
http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
JayPlaysIndieGames

Postby Lujo on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:37 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Return to Desktop Dungeons