Codex: Bugs, Odd Text, Numbers etc

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Codex: Bugs, Odd Text, Numbers etc

Postby TheSchachter on Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:48 am

-The description for Foyter, the boss for Tinker Gold, has the following typo at the beginning of the second sentence: "
He's takes his role..."

-When I click on the Gods tab, the codex fiips to the very last pages of the Gods section, both of which are blank (and clicking on the "Next Page" button brings back the menu). This is inconsistent with every other tab, which brings up the beginning of their respective section.

-Taurog's page states that his punishment lowers the player's attack bonus and gives enemies physical resistance. But everytime I've angered Taurog, he gives enemies *magical* resistance.

Cheers!
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby The Avatar on Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:58 am

I have the blank page bug with the player statuses section (which coincidentally has a permanent NEW! over it from when I got the prestige status). The new also won't go away...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby berpdreyfuss on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:44 pm

On the crusader description of Scars there's a "to" missing and curse is singular while it is plural on the character selection page, I guess it makes sense both ways.

In the text for The Triad there is an "s" in "aren't"
berpdreyfuss

Postby mtsr on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:46 am

I'm having an issue with the new locker tutorial, which is blocking me from doing anything on this screen:

mtsr

Postby Lujo on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:21 pm

1) There is no indication in the game that there IS a codex. It took me a while to discover it on the new profile (I didn't play since it was added so I didn't know it was there!) It should probably be the first thing the advisor points out, that he's making notes of anythign you find! (That is if you manage to not die in the first cave and untill the banker quests).

2) Also, the entry for Wheytwut being a hacked wonnafy can be confusing because you can in fact unlock it before you unlock wonnafyt. Maybe a different flavour for the glyph?

3) The inacessible codex entries - are a bit unsatisfying since you know there are markers for them but no clue whatsoever what they are supposed to be there for. They're bossess and gods, but maybe they should be organized differently and only appear once you actually unlock any of them with the advisor telling you a new category has been unlocked?

4) The Wonnafyt codex entry mentions Taurog before you can have a clue about who he is. Probably should be "the god Taurog" or something like that.

5) The "Click on the boss to open up it's codex" thing was intimidating. I had no clue you could click on the monsters with the alternative mouse button (it's a new feature for me) so I was really confused (Again, pass the first cave without dieing and then not play the tutorial puzzles). Also, there isn't a button to do this with regular monsters - there is only a button that has the green sword Att booster graphic that sayes "spec" below it and it attacks the monster instead of bringing the codex up. This almost got me killed.

6) Also by the time the codex is introduced if you don't die in the original cave it is allready filled up with a big bunch of stuff and if someone just goes along with it he gets introduced to it in the middle of a run (the banker one). I'm very much of the opinnion that both the codex and the ability to select monsters need to be introduced right off the bat. :(

EDIT suggestion:

7) Bankers - since you now have to defeat both Bankers, there are 2 entries for different monsters both called The Banker and both of them are Vampires, but have different abilities. Maybe give them different names, or even art? Maybe a druid called "Bank Branch Manager" for the magice resistant guy or something, ties in with a potential voodoo economy joke... Or just a minor name change.

8) The codex entry for IMAWAL makes on mention of curse removal. Does IMAWAL still remove curse? It also doesn't mention it being able to create a wall.

Copied from the other thread:

Codex God entries - are not very, err, pregledne (can't think of the english word). User friendly? They are uneven, and leafign through the thing is a bit cumbersome. I know it'd be work, but if the gods could have a panel with all of them where you could click to open up the one you're looking for and go back to the "menu" it would be worlds better in my oppinion. Glyphs could also benefit from this, especially ones with several uses that could be unlocked with use simmillar to the likes and dislikes of gods.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:08 am

A strange one happened just now - I've completed the EM puzzle pack and tried to open the codex to the Gods section because the bookmark said "new", but clicking on the bookmark took me to a blank page. The forward arrow did nothing, and the back arrow finally took me to Taurog's Entry.

This has happened with things other than gods (player statuses) and gods when opening up the codex after completing a puzzle pack.

No2. - Dracul "likes" text entry "Dracul approves of killing just about anything" can be missleading in a sense that killing undead punishes you and since the god pages are untidy you can happen to only see that page and have to turn the page to see the dislikes etc. etc.

:idea: Having the piety tab icons from dungeons present in the codex for boons and stuff would help make it a lot more readable for one thing.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:28 pm

The codex numbers are not right. I have 55 out of 52 player statuses, and 32 out of 30 enemy statuses. I'm not sure if the items are right, but the goat horn is not counted as an item. I'll have to take your word on the bosses (I have 4 missing--the two bankers and what?), but mance part 2 does not have an entry, and neither do the warhammer gobbos.

EDIT: It should only be 31 enemy statuses--I have both the old poisoned and the new poisoned entry. I suspect you weren't taking Zotted! into account. Also, the blood tithe text is cut off for me.
Last edited by The Avatar on Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:45 pm

I did VHoS to pick up the Vicious Indomitable and BlahBlah entries. I got Indomitable and missed BlahBlah the first one (because his text didn't show up due to Mass09 Ledger?), but when I went in as a transmuter and scouted BlahBlah with LEMISI I still didn't get his entry.

The Avatar

Postby Waldo0 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:03 pm

There are unusual items which aren't in Codex in class challenges.

EX)In Priest Bronze, there are two items(swords) which aren't in Codex.

Do Devs need this information?
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby berpdreyfuss on Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:39 am

I found a "Wand of ..." (don't remember the name) in a subdungeon, a reddish palette swap of the slayer wand, I think it worked like the slayer wand as well. I could even locker it, but it doesn't appear in the codex.
berpdreyfuss

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons