[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - VGT is too hard with Goatperson.

VGT is too hard with Goatperson.

All things Desktop Dungeons

VGT is too hard with Goatperson.

Postby Waldo0 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:50 am

I keep trying to clear VGT with Goatperson.

I think it is doable theoretically, but It will be needed really good fortune with my strategy.
(I spent about 30k golds now...)

My current strategy is Dragon Shield+RBS+Platemail+Mana burn immune+Poison immune(or HALPMEH) with early Pactmaker(bodypact) and converting foods for piety.

My best result was 6/10 floors with this strategy(Maybe with Dracul I might have reached to 7~8, but anyway I won't beat the boss)

Do you guys have any other good strategies to clear this map? or someone already cleared it?
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Re: VGT is too hard with Goatperson.

Postby Sidestepper on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:59 pm

Maybe swapping out Platemail for Vampiric Blade? The thing I've never liked about Platemail is that it interacts poorly with resistances. If you have 50% resistance, than the Platemail is effectively blocking half as much damage as normal. Life drain, on the other hand, plays very nicely with resistances.
Sidestepper

Postby Waldo0 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:00 pm

*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby The Avatar on Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:39 am

I think your best shot is hitting as much lifesteal and DR as possible. Start with EM for DR (and buy/prep platemail), then go to anyone for anything else you want (making sure to get at least 10% resist all), then go to Drac for 2 lifesteals, blood shield if you aren't maxed on resists, and Sanguine. If you get 10 DR off EM that's 30 DR (-30 damage to 45), then 25% resists (-11 to 34), and a vampiric blade for 3 lifesteal (-30 to 4 damage), that leaves him doing 4 damage until he berserks. If you can pull that off you should be good between conversions, bloodstains, and blood cows. If you can score the orb of zot to combo with Whupaz it will be a walkover. That means with preps you have to scum for poison+mana burn immunities, Vampiric Blade, and the proper god order (EM early, and Drac not too late).

I used a simplified version of this to beat Mance (only platemail and lifesteal, plus zot whupaz combo).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:31 am

Since this is the only goatperson thread I managed to find - does anyone have full completion with him (without VGT)? What works with him? Except WONNAFYT?

Did anyone give him really thourough playtime?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:00 am

I never had enough time before my self-forced restart, but I got around to all but the vicious.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:10 am

So he has an awesome conversion bonus and 3 negative traits? What was your strat?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:32 am

Balanced Dagger. All the goatperson really needs is leveling power and then you can destroy the boss. With Balanced Dagger and preparation of a god you wouldn't mind getting throughout the run (like EM or MA) with mostly helpful boons (and preferably a piety farm for gods like Drac). Magnet: Fireball is also important as he starts with literally nothing good.

The Avatar

Return to Desktop Dungeons