An Attempt At Game Stories

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: An Attempt At Game Stories

Postby q 3 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:58 pm

It could be fun/useful to include an "Archaeologist Token" prep that gives a higher (guaranteed?) chance to find one of the lore subdungeons.
q 3

Postby Sidestepper on Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:48 pm

I'd settle for a chapter in the Codex. Having all of the sign posts in one place and not subject to fallible human memory would be nice. Although, as I think about it, that probably won't happen. The room itself and the contents are oftentimes part of the message, an that would be hard to capture in the Codex. For example, there's one room where it's implied that the Thralls were originally created/summoned by the same spell that wrecked the northern empire, but most of that information comes from the events that happen in the room, not the sign itself.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:00 am

A chapter in the codex would really be great, no matter how improbable (considering they don't even have a monsters section, it seems rather unlikely). Also, if you are going to make a lore token, it should be guaranteed an unread sign (and it restarts once you have read all in that area).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Waldo0 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:57 am

I'm too lazy to read long texts, so I normally skip texts and just want to start a game.

Thus, I still don't understand this game story. :lol:

I hope that there are some interesting pictures(comics) or interesting animations about the texts.

Chapter system can be a good way to deliver a long game story.

Players also can review the each chapter anytime through Codex with interesting pictures or animations.

I would be REALLY happy, if someone draws a comic about DD game story. :)
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons