[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Map Tease

Map Tease

All things Desktop Dungeons

Map Tease

Postby GoatBot on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:24 pm

Discussion - Map Tease
GoatBot

Re: Map Tease

Postby Darvin on Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:35 pm

Cool map; certainly hope to see it in the game soon.

FYI, Slime Pit and Namtar's Lair are both "connected" to the wrong dungeon in that image.
Darvin

Postby TheSchachter on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:25 pm

Wow, that map is gorgeous! Can't wait to see it in the game.

It's funny, because for quite a while now this game has already felt to me like it was perfectly fine for release, but every new update or so the extra work feels totally worth it :)

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I really like the first triple quest. Haven't tried the other ones (if they're already ready?) since I didn't quite beat the Spider Script (but then I only had a magnet:fireball prepared, didn't realize the last dungeon would be so imposing, and if I'd known to prepare a certain potion I would've won :P). The dungeons are interesting and nicely connect to the Goatperson, and I really had a blast almost getting through it.

Cheers!
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Darvin on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:08 pm

The second mission set is there, and just the first dungeon in the sequence is a doozy: southern swamp, but every single monster and plant is corrosive. The boss is also corrosive, has 3000 HP, and retaliates fireballs. Oh, and you have to play as a human monk. If that's the first mission in the set, I can't imagine what comes next @_@
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:26 pm

Can you prep stuff for it?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:58 am

Yes, so it's definitely doable.

You can get a maximum of three corrosion wipes (two burn cure potions and chaos avatar), and I took down the boss to about 400 HP when I tried a JJ/Martyr Wraps combo against him. I'll give that another shot later and see if I can pull it off.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:10 am

I managed to win that and got smacked by the next dungeon. Then again I haven't played the new and improved version, so I can't be sure. It was rather painful.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:57 am

Darvin

Postby HexaDoken on Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:28 am

I liked old map more.

Can there be a "retro" interface for silly people like me? Maybe not exactly NOW, but sometime in the far future? Or maybe even an option to create your own interfaces, similary to how you could replace tiles in Alpha? Though this one is obviously a release material.
HexaDoken

Postby The Avatar on Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:38 pm

Yeah, except the paths on the map seem a bit off.

@Darvin: Yeah. That's what happened to me.

[SPOILER]You play a gnome berserker and have to beast a boss with 9999 hp, but starts at 1 hp.[/SPOILER]
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons