[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Map Tease

Map Tease

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Map Tease

Postby Waldo0 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:41 pm

DAMM.. The Iron Man..

If I had Tikki Tooki alter at second stage, I could clear this triple quest..(If there is no more boss..)

Personally, VGT with goatperson is harder than this triple quest.(More luck is needed)

I hope all goatperson's contents will be free(I mean the prep fees).
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby Bloggorus on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:07 am

I've had a few attempts and only ever beaten the first boss once, thanks to a last minute Chaos Avatar and even then it was down to the wire.

Then i got to the second dungeon and threw my keyboard across the room. Interesting mechanic but i have no idea in he slightest how to do it.

I think the best strategy is to split the corrosion build up into three phases: kill low level stuff while picking up as many attack boosting small items as possible, then quaff a potion and level 5 and go to town regen fighting as high level monsters as possible. Wipe out any popcorn, the corrosion on the boss is worth more than a mid fight ding. Convert to tikki for dodge then get out.

Then regen fight the boss until you rack up around 30-40 corrosion, use a potion or Avatar if you have JJ and finish them off. I used two potions and Avatar, but with careful planning and glyph use you can only use two of the three. First strike is very handy and adds up.

Still not sure what to prep, platemail seems the most stable choice given the second and third dungeons. I'm also leaning towards dragon shield, and balanced dagger has helped me level without incurring too much corrosion in the early game.
Bloggorus

Postby Bloggorus on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:32 am

Bloggorus

Postby The Avatar on Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:05 am

The thing is to win the second you have to save Whupaz. And the best way I've found to beat Chzar without it is two salves, a mid fight level up and a chaos avatar. Additionally I scum for the dwarves gauntlets (although they're not necessary to beat Chzar sans Whupaz) because you need them for stage 3. Frankly, I might switch that and prep the gauntlets simply because they are great for the second phase. What I prep other than the locker is pretty standard. Black market, extra altar, magnet: fireball, perserverence badge, compression seal, Whupaz, salve, and the two standard potions (although I should probably switch the health potion for a reflex tonic). Frankly, without Whupaz for Chzar you need all 3 corrosion wipes for the fight (two salves and chaos avatar).

@Waldo0: The numbers are totally blurred for my moniter, but I assume you had troll heart/dwarves gauntlets and another hp giving items. Also, I thought you meant that there was another goblin AFTER the others. In that case this is definitely doable. I'm curious to here what you're prepping and your strategy...

Here's what I do:

-----MEGA SPOILERS-----

Pt 1: I start by BURNDAYRAZing level 1s to get off the ground without getting ruined by corrosion. Then I stick to 2 BURNDAYRAZ 1 hit kills until I am just short of level 6. I fight Chzar by using a mid fight level up, then chaos avatar, then regen fighting. At 2/3 hp use the first salve, then the next salve when he has 1/3. You practically need MW for the boss fight. Before you exit, make sure you have some way of hitting first and as manny damage boosters as possible.

Pt 2: I don't kill and swamp totems, but instead use my boosted damage and first strike (or monster slowing) to level up. CYDSTEPP is a great find. At level 6 or 7, when you are out of exploration and just short of a level up, Whupaz the boss, break all 3 totems and level up. Then use BURNDAYRAZ and any attacks to beat his remaining 750 hp. TT is a nice find. If you use him, save a reflex quicksilver combo for Bleaty on the next stage.

Pt 3: I have only gotten here once (I tend to restart a lot instead of wasting time when I know I can't win), so I don't know if the bosses are always the same, but I'll assume they are. Level up as much as possible using the whole map, then start the boss thing. Try to be set up for a mid fight level up. Depending on which potions you have less of (probably mana) pick a target to level up kill (ideally tormented one or Jörmungadnr) and use remaining monsters and/or Bleaty quicksilver+reflex combo to mid fight level up kill. If I remember that leaves Jörmungadnr, Iron Man, Gobb, and the Tower. You should hopefully be able to regen fight the iron man (Gauntlets+charms and gems for enough damage). You'll have to potion out the rest of them. Level off Jörmungadnr if possible, and if you get a viper ward you can regen fight him you can regen fight him instead.

If that helped anyone I'm glad, but more importantly, I'm curious as to what anyone thinks of the strat(s) and if/how they can be improved.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Waldo0 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:18 am

Waldo0

Postby Waldo0 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 am

WooHoo!! I did it!

BLUDTUPOWA+PISORF saved me. :D

Maybe, this combo is the answer that devs want us to use in the map.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Third triple quest was already updated. :o AND the Goat Glade is upgraded.
Waldo0

Postby The Avatar on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:11 pm

Yeah, it has always been there. It's just that no one else has won it. Nicely done. The codex was my original answer, but I found it wasn't enough for Chzar and my monk. Maybe it'll work with the added trinkets.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Waldo0 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:16 pm

-----MEGA SPOILERS is deleated-----
Last edited by Waldo0 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Waldo0

Postby Waldo0 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:51 pm

The pt3 of third triple quest looks like impossible.

It is same that there are 5 zombie bosses + ? final boss, and we should fight with them at lvl 8~9 :cry:

I want to ask the map editor, do you really try to clear new maps by yourself at least once before they are released? :?:
Waldo0

Postby The Avatar on Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:25 pm

You already made it to part 3? Nice! Well, once I get enough money to beat the second I can't wait to see it (FREE PREPS PLEASE DEVS).

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons