[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Suggestions

Suggestions

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Suggestions

Postby ChasGB on Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 pm

A thought occurred to me during my last playthrough; while ingame and selecting preps, there really is no good way of determining which items are "quest items" as opposed to "elite items." The codex doesn't specify either, and though the info is in the wiki, it isn't really self-contained per se. Would it be possible to either add an additional small icon to item descriptions that show if they are normal, elite, or quest items? Another alternative would be to change the color of the item text based on its "tier" (a la WoW, Diablo, Dungeon Siege, etc).

Just an idea. Getting really excited for this game to finally get released!
ChasGB

Postby Jambo11 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:26 pm

I noticed recently that the "torn and disheveled ribbon" looks much less like necrotized flesh. Regardless of whether or not my post affected that change, you have my thanks.

One more suggestion I have concerns the key mapping: having persistent bindings for the Health and Mana potions makes sense because the potions appear in every instance. However, having persistent bindings for the spells doesn't work so well, because the same spells don't appear all of the time. It makes much more sense to have keys bound to the various spell slots, like they are in the alpha. Of course, this design is only aided by the player's ability to move spells to different slots however they see fit.

Even if the same spells appeared in every instance, some classes are better off converting certain spells with the glyph. Those keys go unused. While I can see the benefit of having persistent bindings for the spells, it is similarly beneficial to have the bindings rest with the spell slots. I see that the bindings rest with both the slots and the spells, but sometimes the spells don't respond to the slot bindings.
Jambo11

Postby dislekcia on Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:27 am

dislekcia

Postby The Avatar on Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:57 am

My bad. I didn't mean to say that they looked more like necrotized flesh. If I typed that, I was thinking about too many things at once. My main point was I liked the non-holed version, but that's just me.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:46 pm

Subdungeon entrances from which there is no return (Namtar's Lair underworld and Naga City arena) should look different from other subdungeon entrances.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:54 pm

Actually, Naga City's is no longer a subdungeon. You just talk to a level ten hooded figure who takes you when you are ready, which IMO is much better. As for the pit, if they don't just make a custom sprite for it, they could take the ladder out of it so it is like a hole or pit.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons