[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The one and only

The one and only

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The one and only

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:15 pm

Yep, that's the stuff. You need a lot of things to make it work, but there are a lot of things that make it work. Quicksilver, Reflex, Badge of Courage, Tikki Tooki, CYDSTEP, GETINDERE, WEYTWUT, Earthmother, Namtar's Ward and probably a few other things I'm forgetting. No single item on the list is required, but you do have to get several simultaneously.

EDIT: When this was first discovered, we had the pre-nerf trisword. This made the bosskill so trivial that Lujo refused to use it in his thread.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:22 pm

Yeah, the Lujo strategy (which works in vicious mode) is orc rogue for as much damage as possible (you can hit about 40), then use Namtar's Ward+as many DPs as possible. The reflex combo and whupaz are huge helps too. You may have to level up once or twice, especially if you want to get the most out of TT's reflex combos.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:23 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:14 am

My brain failed halfway through that post... 60 is a better estimate (although you will probably need a gods to do so).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:19 am

wow I'm jealous, now I gotta figure out a way to do it at lvl 1. . .yeah I used amulet of yendor (prepped) + goblin lvl ups to lvl 5. Apheelsicked for extra damage then used binlor (prepped) so that I could tank hits. I would have used pisorf to get the extra piety I needed but pactmaker showed up so consensus made it a non-issue. . .
WHETWUT was to get rid of his first strike for the final blow

edit: In retrospect this could easily be done Warmonger as long as pactmaker shows up
http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
JayPlaysIndieGames

Postby Sidestepper on Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:31 am

Warlords do it too. The goat was an accidental misclick, it totally doesn't count.

Really, any class except maybe the monk and vampire can do this, it just takes more luck. I don't think there's a fix for it. The problem isn't with dodges or death protection or orcs or the Rogue or the Warlord or Tikki Tooki or Earthmother or Taurog or Dragonsoul or Crystal Ball etc. The problem is the combination of all of those factors. The only way to stop the combo is to nerf the individual components so badly that they no longer work during normal play, but that's like, half the game.

I've long accepted this as a kind of weird backdoor that veterans can use for the occasional laugh.
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:58 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons