BLUDTUPOWA and the Goatperson

All things Desktop Dungeons

BLUDTUPOWA and the Goatperson

Postby Darvin on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:51 pm

So, I've had a few weeks to let the Goatperson sink in and let the novelty wear off. It's certainly a change of perspective with this character, which is part of what makes him so interesting.

However, there is one thing that keeps rearing its head: the massive advantage conferred by an early BLUDTUPOWA find. This glyph allows the Goatperson to reveal tiles without having to consume food, which allows him to better control character progression, avoid starvation penalties, and (most importantly) conserve food for end-game conversion. It's not uncommon for me to finish with over 150 food in the bank when I find BLUDTUPOWA (speaking of which, thanks for raising the food cap; 99 was totally insufficient). That's several full heals in the end-game as a reward for judicious use of this glyph, which is frankly over the top.

However, flipping this around would be overkill; having BLUDTUPOWA charge the full food cost whenever it's used would make it functionally useless for the Goatperson. I therefor propose a middleground: BLUDTUPOWA costs 1 food to activate for the Goatperson. This allows it to serve its functional role without completely trivializing the food limitation as it currently does.
Darvin

Re: BLUDTUPOWA and the Goatperson

Postby Waldo0 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:35 am

This is true. BLUDTUPOWA is really good with Goatperson.

I think Goatperson is too reliant on three specific glyphs(WONAFYT, BLUDTUPOWA and BURNDAYRAZ).

BTW, I still should clear the VGT with Goatperson. :cry: Buff please..
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Return to Desktop Dungeons