[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Dungeon Task Force

Dungeon Task Force

All things Desktop Dungeons

Dungeon Task Force

Postby GoatBot on Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:09 pm

Discussion - Dungeon Task Force
GoatBot

Re: Dungeon Task Force

Postby ChasGB on Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:12 pm

The new exploration animation is awesome. Your finishing touches and polish are making your great game even better.
ChasGB

Postby Tumi90 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:23 pm

For some reason, my advisor tasks are not showing. I've tried clearing cookies, but it didn't fix it.

*EDIT*
Working as intended now. Don't know why, don't know how. Just happy that it is :)
Last edited by Tumi90 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tumi90

Postby berpdreyfuss on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:36 pm

I really like the new fighting animations, the bones and the advisor tasks, good job!

The exploration animation doesn't make sense to me. It is the same feeling I had (and still very much have) with the death warning. It just doesn't fit the style of the game, looks out of place and distracts a lot. The flying tiles makes the screen very messy if you explore a little bit faster. The slowed monster animation and the constant flashing of the death warning while you are moving the mouse between the inventory and the dungeon add to this, it is just too much movement which carries only little information for the gameplay. Slowed monster have to be visible, but right now it is too much.

For the exploration I'd rather see something like dissolving fog.

Looking forward to the coming sound effects!
berpdreyfuss

Postby Darvin on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:40 pm

Not a big fan of the new exploration animation, to be honest. Not as bad as the distracting slow animation, though.

Advisor tasks are interesting, but what is "Block Regeneration"? I've played a few games now, and I can't seem to get it to go above 0.
Darvin

Postby harfatum on Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:06 pm

It's been a while since I've played, but the square cursor really makes the game feel more like a tileset and less like a real dungeon. If you need an indicator of which tile you're mousing over, just the corners would be much less jarring and mechanical.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby The Avatar on Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:16 pm

I would guess it is through burning or poison to prevent enemy regeneration. I don't really have any opinion on the new exploration animation. I like the new bloody enemy explosion. I am still distracted by the slowing one. I'm not quite sure I like the health bar prediction. It looks a bit too much like necrotic flesh or whatever the medical term is. It was much better, IMO, solid. Other than that, great update! Advisor tasks look fun.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby ChasGB on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:07 am

ChasGB

Postby berpdreyfuss on Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:26 am

berpdreyfuss

Postby berpdreyfuss on Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:33 am

berpdreyfuss

Next