[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Release Date!

Release Date!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Release Date!

Postby damousey on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:30 pm

For those of you who don't come in through the front door, lookit: http://www.desktopdungeons.net/
damousey

Re: Release Date!

Postby Darvin on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:54 pm

Congrats, guys. The game has come a long way since the early days of the beta, both in terms of style and substance. I hope you guys get the commercial success you deserve.

While we're on the topic of the actual release, is there any word on offering a stand-alone download or redeeming through a service other than Steam?
Darvin

Postby Waldo0 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:27 am

Congrats Congrats Congrats :)

BTW, I don't prefer to play a game in a steam because, it shows my playing time(damm 2000+ hours). :lol:

However, it is really good for you guys. Be a smooth sailing ;)
Waldo0

Postby The Avatar on Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:40 am

Grats DD Devs! It's been a great, albeit occasionally broken beta, and you've truly polished this game to perfection. Seriously, I hope you guys do well on the market. You deserve it.

I assume the web version will still be up, and a stand alone will eventually exist for those who don't always have/have spotty internet, right?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Waldo0 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:50 am

Waldo0

Postby ChasGB on Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:36 am

Yeah I can picture the conversation with my office IT guys not going well if it Steam is the only way to play a coffee-break game at work.

"Let me get this straight, you want us to put a non-approved software on the corporate network for the express purpose of being able to spend hundreds, if not thousands, of work hours playing a coffee break game in lieu of doing your actual job."

"Yep, that's about the size of it."
ChasGB

Postby TheSchachter on Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:12 am

It's perplexing just how excited I am about this, considering I've already played through almost all of this game's content. It's probably partially because it gives me another excuse to go badger my friends about it. But mostly because I feel extremely invested in this game and I can't think of any game I want to succeed more than this one.

Big cheers to the devs, you did (are doing) an amazing job.

Love the trailer, BTW, It's so adorable and clever! Perfect for this game :)

One final thought: Are the current Kingdoms still slated to be wiped when the game releases? If so, I only have two weeks to beat the last Triple Quest! o.o
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby 232 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:43 am

Been a long time since mid-way through 2011, it's great to see how far the game has come.

Postby berpdreyfuss on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:23 am

Yes, congratulations! Thanks to the devs for a very enjoyable beta time, I'm going to miss the friday updates... And thanks to all the players who made reading this forum a lot of fun as well!

I avoided Steam, so I would be happy about any other way to play, but if there if is no other possibility I'll gladly join it now.
berpdreyfuss

Postby Dreamdancer on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:15 am

Wuhu!!!
Looking forward to this.
Had a long break form DD, but think when it hits Steam I immediately start a new profile :D
Dreamdancer

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons