Question to game creators

All things Desktop Dungeons

Question to game creators

Postby Metal Ripperr on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:42 pm

Hi,
I'm curently playing the alpha version of desktop dungeons and it's great! One of the best features for me is the retro graphic style, and i have a question. Will it be possible in the full version of game to switch graphics to Alpha version style? Looking forward your request.
Metal Ripperr

Re: Question to game creators

Postby dislekcia on Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:43 pm

Metal Ripperr wrote:Will it be possible in the full version of game to switch graphics to Alpha version style?

Nope. Sorry.

There are two main reasons: The game's resolutions being incompatible (20x20 sprites don't scale up smoothly to 30x30); And the new tilesets convey a lot more information to players, most notably wall edge states, which lets players explore in smarter ways. In our testing this was a really big factor in how fast new players picked up the game and were able to win - without the edge information it took a lot longer for players to conserve blackspace. Edge states also let us do more kinds of level generation, each of which produce dungeons that play quite differently to the crossed corridors of the alpha (although that's still in there, but better).
dislekcia

Re: Question to game creators

Postby Metal Ripperr on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:12 pm

Okay, thank you for answer.
Metal Ripperr

Return to Desktop Dungeons