[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Final Beta Update

Final Beta Update

All things Desktop Dungeons

Final Beta Update

Postby GoatBot on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:36 pm

Discussion - Final Beta Update
GoatBot

Re: Final Beta Update

Postby Kouriozan on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:08 pm

Good luck for the Steam launch, I hope everything will go well :)
Kouriozan

Postby Nurator on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:57 am

Good luck! It was a long and awesome ride! I never played another Beta like this and I will never do again :)

Cant wait to start a new kingdom from scratch :)
Nurator

Postby berpdreyfuss on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:29 pm

The flying tiles are much better now or maybe i just got used to them. I think they are not so bright or fade faster.

Good to see different graphics for gaining/losing mana and health and the outer walls!

I don't like the part of the character information crossing on the upper right of the run summary. It looks messy and on a screen that has so much information on it, it is too distracting.

I still would like the option to turn the death warning off and think the slowed monster animation should be toned down in some way.

Again, great work getting this game where it is now! Looking forward to a brand new kingdom with music and everything. :)
berpdreyfuss

Postby Fran on Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:20 pm

Fran

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:51 pm

Congrats on the final patch and the upcoming steam release. I can't wait to start playing the final version of the game. Honestly I will probably be getting the game on tablet when that comes out as well. I would love to play in class while I am ignoring my teachers :)
http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
JayPlaysIndieGames

Postby TheSchachter on Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:27 am

Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Sidestepper on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:33 am

It's been a long time. It seems silly, but the Friday updates gradually became a part of my weekly routine, and I'll miss them.

The official release is going to bring all kinds of new players with fresh perspectives (and total ignorance of basic strategies :D ). It'll be fun watching dozens of new people coming in and complaining that the Monk is underpowered, etc.

And also, finally, we'll be able to explore just feasible modding will be. Even without official modding support, there will still be lots of ways that fans will be able to tweak and customize the game. I think that will bring a lot of the jaded vets out of retirement and give them a fresh look at the game.
Sidestepper

Postby Nurator on Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:32 am

What? No more Friday Updates? :D Oh no... I will miss them too^^
Nurator

Postby berpdreyfuss on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:18 am

berpdreyfuss

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons