Save games corrupted :(

All things Desktop Dungeons

Save games corrupted :(

Postby Incompetent on Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:53 am

I have two kingdoms, Incompetent (which I played during the beta) and Incompetence (decided to start again on release).

I completed the main storyline on Incompetence (including the Witch and Bezar upgrades), but now when I load up, a lot of my quest progress has apparently been undone and I can no longer even see the Gaan-Telet dungeon. For several of the quests, the quest is outstanding even though I am listed as having completed the requirements. I tried starting a game and retiring: it fixed some, but not all of the quests where I apparently met the requirements (e.g. Complicated Tasks pt 4 is still listed as outstanding even though I am credited with the Ding Max badge in the Rock Garden). I still can't see Gaan-Telet and I have lots of trophies missing from the taxidermist, including for dungeons I have apparently completed (e.g. I took the Golem Rock from the Rock Garden, and I'm still credited with the badges for that run, but not the trophy).

Meanwhile, Incompetent (which I haven't really used since release) is a complete mess. Key dungeons like Southern Swamp are invisible, even though dungeons beyond them like Hexx Ruins have been revealed.

Any ideas? Am I just going to have to do various things again?
Incompetent

Re: Save games corrupted :(

Postby Wargasm on Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:30 pm

Sigh. This happened to me during the beta and set me so far back I quit playing altogether. I was rather hoping it would be fixed for the full release. Perhaps they'll develop a save game fixing utility like was done for Daggerfall way way back.
Wargasm

Re: Save games corrupted :(

Postby DEATHBOT on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:31 am

I just had the exact same problem now. Gosh that's annoying. Was pushing through vicious dungeons and had a fair sum of gold in my bank too. Am now on 14 gold. Yay! It seems it's just taken me back to an earlier save though.
DEATHBOT

Return to Desktop Dungeons