Tower of Gan-Telet

All things Desktop Dungeons

Tower of Gan-Telet

Postby joek0 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:58 pm

I just finished my first real attempt of Hard Tower of Gan Talet. I chose to do a purist run to see if I can get the vicious Token. I chose to be a Gnome Warlord. For my first serious attemt, I got to Horratio and got him down to 238 HP left my first time fighting him. Screenshot of fight below. Any tips on Hard GT purist. I know that I can beat it with preps though.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =196278709

What does the Vicious Token do? Does it just add a vicious GT as well to the Dungeon map.
joek0

Re: Tower of Gan-Telet

Postby Lujo on Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:03 am

The vicious token is a prep that turns the difficulty of any run to vicious (raises monster stats). It doesn't count as a prep for determining whether you get the purist.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:09 am

Also, your first HGT run is forced purist and is the run that "wins" the game. First of all, a warlord isn't the best choice for class. You want a class that can deal with low damage high hp guys like Paladin or Monk. Dracul is the single best find, and if possible take up to 3 layers of sanguine (as there are extra bloodpools). Extra blackspace at the end can also be used to regen fight the boss as those two classes. I find Bloodmages are also good (as they start with sanguine) and wizards (arguably the best purist class there is).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Dreamdancer on Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:34 am

I did it with an orc rogue on both of my profiles. I loved it to two-shot some of the later monsters.
Dreamdancer

Postby Wargasm on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:52 am

Yeah, my favourite GT is Dwarf Rogues with 200+ HP worshiping Dracul. GT is so long an has so much stuff, you get to really convert a LOT. Actually your race and religion matter a lot more than class for GT in my experience. I'd bet Dwarf anything with Dracul is a pretty easy go.
Wargasm

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:29 am

I would agree for VGT, but since this is HGT you aren't guaranteed a lot of the nice stuff you are in VGT (like the sensation stones).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby joek0 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:25 pm

I finally beat HGT with an Orc Paladin. First god I found was Taurog and I worshiped him. Got Pactmaker's Warrior Boon at 3rd sub dungeon. Was able to beat Horatio withmany DP items. I had a Yang Sword, Badge of Honor, and a few castings of Unstoppable Fury from Taurog. Was a pretty close Victory. Onto unlock and try some of the Vicious dungeons.
joek0

Postby Lujo on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:59 pm

Great job, I love a good DP string! ^^

That strat won't work in vicious Gaan-Telet, though, since the boss there is really, really fat, but enjoy the game winning win nevertheless :) (Just waning you since you might think it will, spend an hour getting to the boss through 9 subdungeon and then get a nasty surprise).
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Return to Desktop Dungeons