Item idea

All things Desktop Dungeons

Item idea

Postby Lujo on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:53 pm

I have an item idea. For whatever it's worth.

Purpose of item - prodding and poking. Potentially just once. So you can set off burning, get one DP off something maybe, de-slow for placement purposes or not geting a level off of IMAWALING a piece of popcorn after you've entangled everything and so on.

Name: Bow and Arrow.

Description: Standard issue set, one bow one arrow.

U can use it once to poke something for one damage (doesn't count as an attack and doesn't count as glyph use). Then it becomes:

"Stick with a bit of string attached."

And doesn't need to do anything, really. Maybe one more use, as in "throw it at the enemy, since it's useless without an arrow".

Cheap, niche and shop cloggey, about the same as a spoon. One of those things that it's always cheap to pick up, most of the time useless, and you remember those times when you do in fact use it fondly. Could also be used to get rid of nasty plant or two.
Last edited by Lujo on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Re: Item idea

Postby Wargasm on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:11 pm

Speaking of which, I had one myself...

Name: Miser's Rucksack

Description: Why would a miser have anything as titchy as a rucksack? We don't know! However, this rucksack is enchanted so that any item placed within it is converted into cold, hard cash.

Effect: Any item or glyph dragged onto it is turned into 1/10th of its conversion value (rounded up) in coins instead of your racial conversion benefit. So a 65 point item would convert to 7 gold instead. This will occasionally be handy in a dungeon if, say, having one more gold would be more useful than a potion. Or you could use it at the end of a run to convert all your glyphs into cash since they don't have a resale value.

You could probably also make a nifty puzzle with it, where you have to balance between doing normal conversions, and conversions with this item.
Wargasm

Re: Item idea

Postby harfatum on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:06 am

That's pretty funny. I like it! Then Desktop Dungeons can be advertised as "now having ranged combat!"
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Return to Desktop Dungeons