FOWOT 2: Ick Swamp Tricks

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: FOWOT 2: Ick Swamp Tricks

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:22 pm

The original post can be found here. Just scroll down to JustAZombie's post.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2050&p=24636&hilit=dragon+cannon#p24636
Sidestepper

Postby Blovski on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:52 pm

That is a thing of beauty :lol: have to try it :D

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll incorporate them.
Blovski

Postby Lujo on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:08 pm

Ok, finally had the time to samle the delightfull textwall, do keep it up ^^

As for power strats, you got it all down:

- Vampire and Crusader laugh at poison and mana burn so they kick ass
- TT is hilarious due to plant dodging, and you dan get dodge off him, so yeah. Don't prep him though, it's suicide! And Rogues can exploit the map like silly
- JJ is a monster on this map due to rewarding lots of stuff, GG as well since the map is full of trinkes you can convert (I ussually don't since they're good and usefull against Itttsssama or whateverhisnameis.

The little things:

- Don't get careless when gardenin and click on a thornbush. 999 damae is gonna kill you dead. You can, however use pissorf on them to move them out of the way.
- The curse plants don't mean much if you have no damage resist/reduction so feel free to kill them (no dodes though)
- Transmuter is good on this map since knowing where stuff is saves a load of hassle. Another perk is potentially revealing vampires from afar and not getting blood drained.
- Bloodmage is also really, really good on this map, since Bloodtopowa helps your exploration, reveals nearby vampires and helps you spike the squishies (warlocks, wraiths, gorgons).
- If you can create space by killing the curse plants, regular plants and poiso and mana burn plants (right before level up), Wonnafyt rules - saves exploration, saves hassle and prevents lvl1 vampires from sucking your blaad.
- If you're prepping burn salve for the boss / gardening binge you might as well prep EM. Don't use her though, or at least not right away, and later you can have an assload of clearances or simply desecrate her for piety + indulgences

That's all I can think off right now.

EDIT: And, err, apparently you can prep TT now. Go nuts.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons